Under $900 laptops?

What's available out there? Anything that might be checked out in the
flesh at the local big box rather than mailordered?

I'm familiar with the Dell 1100/1150 and they're nothing special,
though I realize for $900 you can't expect much. Hoping that maybe
some other make/model might offer more value at that price.
2 answers Last reply
More about under laptops

    Might want to check out Best Buy and Circuit City. Just looking at CCs ad
    for HP ZV512ous for 1049.99 after rebates....

    15.4 screen 512mb mmm yummy

    Good Luck

    Best Buy has lots of nice stuff in laptops. Not the best salespeople but not
    pushy either.

    JJ wrote:

    > What's available out there? Anything that might be checked out in the
    > flesh at the local big box rather than mailordered?
    >
    > I'm familiar with the Dell 1100/1150 and they're nothing special,
    > though I realize for $900 you can't expect much. Hoping that maybe
    > some other make/model might offer more value at that price.

    If time is not an issue, Black Friday (friday after thanksgiving) gives
    the best prices.

    eg. last year, bestbuy stores sold a brand-new 2Ghz+ Toshiba notebook
    for $499!

    ---

    otherwise, scope out www.fatwallet.com/forums -> hot deals for the
    latest, low priced laptop threads.

    eg. $799 AR Toshiba A45-S121 @ bestbuy.com
    eg. $589 AR for Toshiba S120 notebook @ circuitcity
    eg. $602.30 AR for Dell Inspiron 1100
    etc. etc.

    Lots of threads on cheap notebooks daily - read up!

Laptops Dell