How to overclock AMD Phenom II X4 Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
If you have an X3 or X2 CPU, the unlocker feature would attempt to active those cores and thus allow you to have an X4. Since you have an X4 though, there are no extra cores to unlock -_-. You will have to overclock using the FSB (which isn't really an FSB but anyway). You will have to lower your RAM multiplier, lower the HT link multiplier, loosen your memory timings, and go from there. Read a Phenom II overclocking guide.

tcfraz

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
If its a black edition read this: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/258573-29-black-edition-overclock-raising-multiplier-guide

Core unlocker is a feature (at least on my mobo) that allows you to unlock disabled cache or cores that amd might have been hidden for for several different reasons by pressing a button or key. I dont think that phenom II x4 processors have anything that could possibly be unlocked but i could be wrong... check this article to see how to oc correctly... is it a black edition?

If you have an X3 or X2 CPU, the unlocker feature would attempt to active those cores and thus allow you to have an X4. Since you have an X4 though, there are no extra cores to unlock -_-. You will have to overclock using the FSB (which isn't really an FSB but anyway). You will have to lower your RAM multiplier, lower the HT link multiplier, loosen your memory timings, and go from there. Read a Phenom II overclocking guide.

Solution

That CPU only can be overclock, doesn't comes with hidden cores. They refer to the feature available in the mobo and not in the CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.