xX StitcH

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
Hey guys, I've run into a problem. I decided it was time to do a fresh install of Windows as I had alot of crap programs I did not need. So I backed up all my stuff and went on to install Windows.

Deleted the old partition, and made a new one. Pressed enter to install windows on the new partition and it goes to the scren where is says:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please wait while Setup formats the partition

C: Partition1 [New (Raw)] 76309 MB (76308 MB free)

on 76317 MB Disk 0 an Id 0 on bus 0 on atapi [MBR].

Setup is formatting...
0%
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

It stays on this screen. Won't do anything more. I don't know what to do? I've searched for threads with similar problems and the only thing I can find is to remove the memory and put it back to make sure it is seated properly. Also to make sure everything else is connected properly. I took out the memory, the graphics card, and removed my two extra HDD's (so the only one in now is the drive I'm tryng to install Windows on).

The thing that blows my mind is that everything was working fine before this.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I also reset the CMOS via removing the battery.

xX StitcH

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
Ok, I guess problem solved... I just came upstairs to see if it was still stuck on 0% and it's not. I left it sitting there with the hope that it would figure itself out after sitting for awhile. I don't understand what happen :spamafote: