Video card not seating correctly?

jsrudd

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
I've recently finished building my computer and I have found that the video card doesn't line up with the pci slots on the case. I can only access two of the three inputs for my video card because the s-video is partially blocked by the back of the case. I've taken out the motherboard, checked the stand-offs and then put everything back in and I still have the same problem. Now, I'm not using the s-video out so it really doesn't matter, but I'm more interested in whether or not this is a symptom of a bigger problem. So basically should I worry about it?

This is the build listed in your sig?

You should not be having this issue with that build. Is the motherboard tray in the case warped?

Will the card fit properly in a different slot? They can take a bit of force to get seated right.

jsrudd

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
Yeah, its the build in my signature. I don't think the motherboard is warped it really seems like card isn't exactly perpendicular to the case, but I'm not really sure how I would fix that. The card is working properly, but just seems to be at an 88 degree angle with the back of the case.

So just in the primary slot or all of them? You need to figure out if it's the case or the board and send it back to newegg or wherever you got it. This is NOT normal. People build with that combo every day and this does not happen.

jsrudd

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
Turns out the problem was a metal piece in between the opening for the pci cards on the back of the case. It was catching the card and no allowing it to fit the opening. Took of the metal piece, used a screw and its done. Nothing so dire as a warped motherboard.