Pregnancy problem

Last response: in Video Games
May 3, 2005 1:14:47 PM

Hi I have only just got back on net after moving house, I wonder if someone
can help me,
When I get my Sims in TS2 with University installed everytime they get
pregnant they start "jumping"
when the first bump wants to show, she just keeps sort of crashing, wherever
I go on the screen it jumps back to her,
and it looks like she is shouting for something and this keeps repeating.
Has anyone else had this and do you know of a fix for it please, I had
something similar happen with a nanny and baby and mother in TS2
(Pre Patch), but when I got TS2 U I clean installed the whole lot and I
thought the patch was included already,
Sorry for babbling on.
Thanks in Advance.

Tracym

More about : pregnancy problem

Anonymous
May 3, 2005 3:24:07 PM

The patch was included. It sounds as though the game has got stuck on a
loop for the moment when her tummy bumps out for the first time. The game
takes you automatically to the expectant mother so that you can see the
tummy pop happen. I'm guessing your sim or lot file have become slightly
corrupted. I'm pretty sure you could use SimPE or game cheats to advance
the pregnancy beyond that point. I haven't done this myself but I'm sure
someone here could tell you how. Or another suggestion is to move the
mother out and put her on another lot by herself - this seems to (sometimes)
reset things like pregnancy events and will allow them to progress normally.
You can then move her back into her family lot once she's settled into a
normal pregnancy.

Best wishes
Maxon

"tracymidd" <tracymidd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi I have only just got back on net after moving house, I wonder if
someone
> can help me,
> When I get my Sims in TS2 with University installed everytime they get
> pregnant they start "jumping"
> when the first bump wants to show, she just keeps sort of crashing,
wherever
> I go on the screen it jumps back to her,
> and it looks like she is shouting for something and this keeps repeating.
> Has anyone else had this and do you know of a fix for it please, I had
> something similar happen with a nanny and baby and mother in TS2
> (Pre Patch), but when I got TS2 U I clean installed the whole lot and I
> thought the patch was included already,
> Sorry for babbling on.
> Thanks in Advance.
>
> Tracym

Anonymous
May 3, 2005 5:54:16 PM

Used to have this problem with one of the pregnancy mods. I can't remember
wether it was a teen pregnancy or the early Risky WooHoo. WooHoo I think. In
any case check that neither of these mods are in your game.

Oh, and there's a way to get out of the loop if it's what I think it is. Use
InSim or boolprop to speed up the pregnancy (in pause mode of course).
She'll continue to scream for a while but when she hits third trimester
she'll b'hoomp and be free of the loop.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM

> The patch was included. It sounds as though the game has got stuck on a
> loop for the moment when her tummy bumps out for the first time. The game
> takes you automatically to the expectant mother so that you can see the
> tummy pop happen. I'm guessing your sim or lot file have become slightly
> corrupted. I'm pretty sure you could use SimPE or game cheats to advance
> the pregnancy beyond that point. I haven't done this myself but I'm sure
> someone here could tell you how. Or another suggestion is to move the
> mother out and put her on another lot by herself - this seems to
(sometimes)
> reset things like pregnancy events and will allow them to progress
normally.
> You can then move her back into her family lot once she's settled into a
> normal pregnancy.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon
>

> "tracymidd" <tracymidd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi I have only just got back on net after moving house, I wonder if
> someone
> > can help me,
> > When I get my Sims in TS2 with University installed everytime they get
> > pregnant they start "jumping"
> > when the first bump wants to show, she just keeps sort of crashing,
> wherever
> > I go on the screen it jumps back to her,
> > and it looks like she is shouting for something and this keeps
repeating.
> > Has anyone else had this and do you know of a fix for it please, I had
> > something similar happen with a nanny and baby and mother in TS2
> > (Pre Patch), but when I got TS2 U I clean installed the whole lot and I
> > thought the patch was included already,
> > Sorry for babbling on.
> > Thanks in Advance.
> >
> > Tracym

May 3, 2005 10:03:34 PM

Ah - yes, hacks ... again. I'm just about to give Risky WooHoo a whirl
(seems a more 'natural' way to go about things) - AND the teen pregnancy
(for a story-line I have in mind) - hopefully the bugs have been ironed out.
I only DL them last week. Did you have any other problems with either - are
you still using them?

Best wishes
Maxon

> Used to have this problem with one of the pregnancy mods. I can't remember
> wether it was a teen pregnancy or the early Risky WooHoo. WooHoo I think.
In
> any case check that neither of these mods are in your game.
>
> Oh, and there's a way to get out of the loop if it's what I think it is.
Use
> InSim or boolprop to speed up the pregnancy (in pause mode of course).
> She'll continue to scream for a while but when she hits third trimester
> she'll b'hoomp and be free of the loop.
>
> --
> Morituri Nolumus Mori
>
> MM

> > The patch was included. It sounds as though the game has got stuck on a
> > loop for the moment when her tummy bumps out for the first time. The
game
> > takes you automatically to the expectant mother so that you can see the
> > tummy pop happen. I'm guessing your sim or lot file have become
slightly
> > corrupted. I'm pretty sure you could use SimPE or game cheats to
advance
> > the pregnancy beyond that point. I haven't done this myself but I'm
sure
> > someone here could tell you how. Or another suggestion is to move the
> > mother out and put her on another lot by herself - this seems to
> (sometimes)
> > reset things like pregnancy events and will allow them to progress
> normally.
> > You can then move her back into her family lot once she's settled into a
> > normal pregnancy.
> >
> > Best wishes
> > Maxon
> >

> > "tracymidd" <tracymidd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi I have only just got back on net after moving house, I wonder if
> > someone
> > > can help me,
> > > When I get my Sims in TS2 with University installed everytime they get
> > > pregnant they start "jumping"
> > > when the first bump wants to show, she just keeps sort of crashing,
> > wherever
> > > I go on the screen it jumps back to her,
> > > and it looks like she is shouting for something and this keeps
> repeating.
> > > Has anyone else had this and do you know of a fix for it please, I had
> > > something similar happen with a nanny and baby and mother in TS2
> > > (Pre Patch), but when I got TS2 U I clean installed the whole lot and
> > > thought the patch was included already,
> > > Sorry for babbling on.
> > > Thanks in Advance.
> > >
> > > Tracym

Anonymous
May 4, 2005 3:15:18 AM

Maxon wrote:
> Ah - yes, hacks ... again. I'm just about to give Risky WooHoo a
> whirl (seems a more 'natural' way to go about things) - AND the teen
> pregnancy (for a story-line I have in mind) - hopefully the bugs have
> been ironed out. I only DL them last week. Did you have any other
> problems with either - are you still using them?
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon

I've had the risky woohoo hack in my game for months and I have never had an
accidental pregnancy so far. I don't think it works.

Jeanie
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 4:29:20 AM

The copies I have now are fine and dandy. The looping problem was only in
the first or second release.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM

> Ah - yes, hacks ... again. I'm just about to give Risky WooHoo a whirl
> (seems a more 'natural' way to go about things) - AND the teen pregnancy
> (for a story-line I have in mind) - hopefully the bugs have been ironed
out.
> I only DL them last week. Did you have any other problems with either -
are
> you still using them?
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon
>

> "Madame Mim" <mad.mim@S.P.A.M.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> > Used to have this problem with one of the pregnancy mods. I can't
remember
> > wether it was a teen pregnancy or the early Risky WooHoo. WooHoo I
think.
> In
> > any case check that neither of these mods are in your game.
> >
> > Oh, and there's a way to get out of the loop if it's what I think it is.
> Use
> > InSim or boolprop to speed up the pregnancy (in pause mode of course).
> > She'll continue to scream for a while but when she hits third trimester
> > she'll b'hoomp and be free of the loop.
> >
> > --
> > Morituri Nolumus Mori
> >
> > MM
> >

> > "Maxon" <jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > > The patch was included. It sounds as though the game has got stuck on
> > > loop for the moment when her tummy bumps out for the first time. The
> game
> > > takes you automatically to the expectant mother so that you can see
the
> > > tummy pop happen. I'm guessing your sim or lot file have become
> slightly
> > > corrupted. I'm pretty sure you could use SimPE or game cheats to
> advance
> > > the pregnancy beyond that point. I haven't done this myself but I'm
> sure
> > > someone here could tell you how. Or another suggestion is to move the
> > > mother out and put her on another lot by herself - this seems to
> > (sometimes)
> > > reset things like pregnancy events and will allow them to progress
> > normally.
> > > You can then move her back into her family lot once she's settled into
> > > normal pregnancy.
> > >
> > > Best wishes
> > > Maxon
> > >

> > > "tracymidd" <tracymidd@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > someone
> > > wherever
> > repeating.

Anonymous
May 4, 2005 4:42:07 AM

It does unless something is conflicting it. You should download the latest
version from MTS2, and somewhere in the thread there's instructions on
changing the probabilities so you can test it better. I think that the
standard odds are the same as the default odds on getting twins.

As an aside. Variousimmers now has the romance mod and the casual WooHoo
mods up, which greatly affects the way Romance Sims can be played in the
game.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM

> Maxon wrote:
> > Ah - yes, hacks ... again. I'm just about to give Risky WooHoo a
> > whirl (seems a more 'natural' way to go about things) - AND the teen
> > pregnancy (for a story-line I have in mind) - hopefully the bugs have
> > been ironed out. I only DL them last week. Did you have any other
> > problems with either - are you still using them?
> >
> > Best wishes
> > Maxon
> >
> I've had the risky woohoo hack in my game for months and I have never had
an
> accidental pregnancy so far. I don't think it works.
>
> Jeanie

Anonymous
May 4, 2005 6:07:40 AM

Maxon wrote:
> The patch was included. It sounds as though the game has got stuck on a
> loop for the moment when her tummy bumps out for the first time. The game
> takes you automatically to the expectant mother so that you can see the
> tummy pop happen.

You can disable that, however. I have this disabled in my game--my
window doesn't "go" anywhere but where I tell it. Maybe that's a
solution for the OP.

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

Madame Mim wrote:
> It does unless something is conflicting it. You should download the
> latest version from MTS2, and somewhere in the thread there's
> instructions on changing the probabilities so you can test it better.
> I think that the standard odds are the same as the default odds on
> getting twins.
>
> As an aside. Variousimmers now has the romance mod and the casual
> WooHoo mods up, which greatly affects the way Romance Sims can be
> played in the game.

I'm wondering if there might be a conflict with the other hack I have that
gives you twins, triplets or quads randomly, too. Or maybe my sims don't
spend enough time in the sack. I just hate to watch the little buggers have
a better relationship than I have. LOL

Jeanie
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 10:15:05 AM

I have them both and there is no conflict. There is a conflict with one of
the teen woohoo's that has the feature already built in. Do you have any
teen woohoo mods?

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM

> Madame Mim wrote:
> > It does unless something is conflicting it. You should download the
> > latest version from MTS2, and somewhere in the thread there's
> > instructions on changing the probabilities so you can test it better.
> > I think that the standard odds are the same as the default odds on
> > getting twins.
> >
> > As an aside. Variousimmers now has the romance mod and the casual
> > WooHoo mods up, which greatly affects the way Romance Sims can be
> > played in the game.
> >
> I'm wondering if there might be a conflict with the other hack I have that
> gives you twins, triplets or quads randomly, too. Or maybe my sims don't
> spend enough time in the sack. I just hate to watch the little buggers
have
> a better relationship than I have. LOL
>
> Jeanie

Anonymous
May 4, 2005 10:56:23 AM

> Maxon wrote:
>> The patch was included. It sounds as though the game has got stuck on a
>> loop for the moment when her tummy bumps out for the first time. The
>> game
>> takes you automatically to the expectant mother so that you can see the
>> tummy pop happen.
>
> You can disable that, however. I have this disabled in my game--my window
> doesn't "go" anywhere but where I tell it. Maybe that's a solution for
> the OP.
>
> --
> --Cuth

Thanks Everyone this is Spot on, It does take you there to see the bump out,
but wont let me go anywhere else,
I have checked for those 2 woohoo files and cant see them at all, maybe its
something i gained with a house somewhere along the lines or something.
((Off on Hols now back in a week ))

Tracym
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 12:59:06 PM

Yes - that's where I got it from (Casual WooHoo). There are some good hacks
there. Some personal favourites: flush toilet and wash hands; no busking at
home; no cheer hack and no indoor kicky bag (which would only be improved,
in my opinion, by making it no kicky bag, god that interaction irritates
me). JM Pescado and TwoJeffs (is it?) both seem pretty good and RELIABLE
(which is important). I originally went there because Inge Jones
(SimLogical) changed the location of her forums - I like to keep up with
what Inge is doing.

Best wishes
Maxon

> It does unless something is conflicting it. You should download the latest
> version from MTS2, and somewhere in the thread there's instructions on
> changing the probabilities so you can test it better. I think that the
> standard odds are the same as the default odds on getting twins.
>
> As an aside. Variousimmers now has the romance mod and the casual WooHoo
> mods up, which greatly affects the way Romance Sims can be played in the
> game.
>
> --
> Morituri Nolumus Mori
>
> MM
>

> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
> > Maxon wrote:
> > > Ah - yes, hacks ... again. I'm just about to give Risky WooHoo a
> > > whirl (seems a more 'natural' way to go about things) - AND the teen
> > > pregnancy (for a story-line I have in mind) - hopefully the bugs have
> > > been ironed out. I only DL them last week. Did you have any other
> > > problems with either - are you still using them?
> > >
> > > Best wishes
> > > Maxon
> > >
> > I've had the risky woohoo hack in my game for months and I have never
had
> an
> > accidental pregnancy so far. I don't think it works.
> >
> > Jeanie

Anonymous
May 4, 2005 7:03:59 PM

Madame Mim wrote:
> I have them both and there is no conflict. There is a conflict with
> one of the teen woohoo's that has the feature already built in. Do
> you have any teen woohoo mods?

No, I find it hard enough to just get them to get their homework done,
bathe, eat, and have a part time job without having them woohoo. LOL

It occurs to me that this might be one of the reasons why I like this game
so much. I can tell the teens in the game to do something and they do it.
Novel idea. I wish it translated to real life....

Jeanie

!