Sign in with
Your question

Harddrive sines

Last response: in Wireless Networking
December 29, 2009 12:25:56 PM

I have a dell desk top computer that is hooked up to comcast. When I am on the internet there is no performance issue. However when I sign on to my company's network it is slow. Someone suggested to check my hard drive sines connections. I do not know what I would be looking for if I open my computer.

Any clues as to what they (sines) look like and do have any other suggestions?

More about : harddrive sines

Anonymous
December 29, 2009 2:27:50 PM

When sign on to your comapny's network, you're using their Internet connection which is probably not as fast as your Comcast connection.
m
l
January 2, 2010 5:13:14 PM

mjm777 said:
I have a dell desk top computer that is hooked up to comcast. When I am on the internet there is no performance issue. However when I sign on to my company's network it is slow. Someone suggested to check my hard drive sines connections. I do not know what I would be looking for if I open my computer.

Any clues as to what they (sines) look like and do have any other suggestions?

Depending on what kind of perfomance you are talking about that you are doing.. If you are moving files or loading things.. Internet is limited to, well say like 1 MBS whereas stuff on your local harddrive is measured in GBS... You have to think about this-you are basically downloading stuff from the internet when you are connecting to your work PC, you aren't actually there using it.
m
l
!