Group Policy from Command?

June 18, 2004 5:26:28 PM

Is it possible to edit group policies (gpedit.msc) from
the command prompt?

If not does anyone know where there is a resource of
where in the registry they are stored?

Thanks.

~Ben

More about : group policy command

Anonymous
June 19, 2004 5:36:00 AM

All over the Registry.

Here are a few.

Policy Settings for the Start Menu in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292504

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:1e27c01c45572$88ff1e30$a601280a@phx.gbl,
Ben Morrell <64bProphet@802heaven.analogcafe.net> hunted and pecked:
> Is it possible to edit group policies (gpedit.msc) from
> the command prompt?
>
> If not does anyone know where there is a resource of
> where in the registry they are stored?
>
> Thanks.
>
> ~Ben
Anonymous
June 19, 2004 7:46:35 PM

There are 44 pages of Group Policy Registry settings in this book.

Microsoft® Windows® XP Registry Guide
http://www.microsoft.com/PRODUCTS/info/product.aspx?vie...

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:1e27c01c45572$88ff1e30$a601280a@phx.gbl,
Ben Morrell <64bProphet@802heaven.analogcafe.net> hunted and pecked:
> Is it possible to edit group policies (gpedit.msc) from
> the command prompt?
>
> If not does anyone know where there is a resource of
> where in the registry they are stored?
>
> Thanks.
>
> ~Ben
June 20, 2004 12:49:54 PM

> All over the Registry.
>
> Here are a few.
>
> Policy Settings for the Start Menu in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292504
>

> In news:1e27c01c45572$88ff1e30$a601280a@phx.gbl,
> Ben Morrell <64bProphet@802heaven.analogcafe.net> hunted and pecked:
>> Is it possible to edit group policies (gpedit.msc) from
>> the command prompt?
>>
>> If not does anyone know where there is a resource of
>> where in the registry they are stored?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> ~Ben

If your OS is XP Professional, you can do "Start|Run|gpedit.msc". As far as
I know, this is not possible in XP Home.

--
Donald L McDaniel
Post all replies to the Newsgroup,

No, XP Home does not have gpedit.msc