Group Policy from Command?

Is it possible to edit group policies (gpedit.msc) from
the command prompt?

If not does anyone know where there is a resource of
where in the registry they are stored?

Thanks.

~Ben
4 answers Last reply
More about group policy command

    All over the Registry.

    Here are a few.

    Policy Settings for the Start Menu in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292504

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:1e27c01c45572$88ff1e30$a601280a@phx.gbl,
    Ben Morrell <64bProphet@802heaven.analogcafe.net> hunted and pecked:
    > Is it possible to edit group policies (gpedit.msc) from
    > the command prompt?
    >
    > If not does anyone know where there is a resource of
    > where in the registry they are stored?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > ~Ben

    There are 44 pages of Group Policy Registry settings in this book.

    Microsoft® Windows® XP Registry Guide
    http://www.microsoft.com/PRODUCTS/info/product.aspx?view=22&pcid=2b9a8cb3-9817-39e8-cfbc-80b3db19d37b&type=ovr

    --

    > All over the Registry.
    >
    > Here are a few.
    >
    > Policy Settings for the Start Menu in Windows XP
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292504
    >

    > In news:1e27c01c45572$88ff1e30$a601280a@phx.gbl,
    > Ben Morrell <64bProphet@802heaven.analogcafe.net> hunted and pecked:
    >> Is it possible to edit group policies (gpedit.msc) from
    >> the command prompt?
    >>
    >> If not does anyone know where there is a resource of
    >> where in the registry they are stored?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> ~Ben

    If your OS is XP Professional, you can do "Start|Run|gpedit.msc". As far as
    I know, this is not possible in XP Home.

    --
    Donald L McDaniel
    Post all replies to the Newsgroup,

    No, XP Home does not have gpedit.msc

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:10dbcgstcklhg0b@corp.supernews.com,
    Donald McDaniel <orthocrossNOSPAMPLEASE@cablespeed.com> hunted and pecked:
    >> All over the Registry.
    >>
    >> Here are a few.
    >>
    >> Policy Settings for the Start Menu in Windows XP
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292504
    >>

    >> In news:1e27c01c45572$88ff1e30$a601280a@phx.gbl,
    >> Ben Morrell <64bProphet@802heaven.analogcafe.net> hunted and pecked:
    >>> Is it possible to edit group policies (gpedit.msc) from
    >>> the command prompt?
    >>>
    >>> If not does anyone know where there is a resource of
    >>> where in the registry they are stored?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks.
    >>>
    >>> ~Ben
    >
    > If your OS is XP Professional, you can do "Start|Run|gpedit.msc". As
    > far as I know, this is not possible in XP Home.
    >
    > --
    > Donald L McDaniel
    > Post all replies to the Newsgroup,
    > so that all may be informed.
    > Remove the obvious to reply by email.

Configuration Policy Command Prompt Microsoft Windows XP