Sign in with
Your question

Umm I dont Think Overclocking Produces Results

Tags:
  • Overclocking
  • Overdrive
Last response: in Overclocking
April 5, 2011 7:06:31 PM

I overclocked my ATI HD 5570 1 GIG to 700 Mhz GPU and 950 mhz memory and i ran some games and it doesnt seem to help at all and this is the max speeds i can overclock to in AMD overdrive is it possible to over clock pass the maxed allowed speed in CCC AMD overdrive?

More about : umm dont overclocking produces results

April 6, 2011 4:27:57 AM

It may be because you have a CPU bottleneck, although that is unlikely.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
April 6, 2011 4:40:54 AM

If the game isn't GPU-limited, you won't see any increases in performance when you overclock the GPU. The same goes for overclocking the CPU ... if the game isn't CPU-limited, then it won't matter.
m
l
Related resources
April 6, 2011 3:50:05 PM

Hello,
I just looked at the ATI HD 5570. This is a nice card for general computing needs and for HTPC needs which is what most of the user comments were related to from those who posted about this model card. I don't know which specific brand card you have but the one I looked at used 650MHZ as an operating frequency. We don’t know how many FPS you were getting in the games you were playing 50mhz is only a 7.7% increase and performance is not linear with most GPUs but, if it were and say you were getting 40 frames at a standard clock then when OC’d you might get 40x1.0769=43.076. It would probably be difficult to perceive 3 or 4 extra frames while gaming. Your card is not designed as a gaming card though you probably can play many games with no problems and quite enjoyably. To answer your question, yes it is possible to push any electronic part out of it’s best performing envelope and after see a decline of performance. I don’t think you have done that though. Does your card have any OEM software for OC-ing? Maybe with that you might get a few extra MHZ but will you get a lot of extra gaming performance with your current GPU, no. I think that you are probably getting all that card can give at it’s current settings. One thing more, you didn’t mention your system specs. A system needs balance, many gamers will take a very average CPU and throw a high end GPU on it and expect miracles. If you are considering any upgrades first take a look at the many articles about system building here at Tom’s and other articles about that around the web. Also the many posts in the forums about other users systems component choices. I’m sure you can improve your system at any price point.
m
l
a c 100 K Overclocking
April 6, 2011 4:37:47 PM

MSI Afterburner. Edit the config file for "allow unofficialoverclocking = 1" and have fun.

Also you'll notice the results most in benchmarks.
m
l
April 8, 2011 1:01:14 AM

wolfram23 said:
MSI Afterburner. Edit the config file for "allow unofficialoverclocking = 1" and have fun.

Also you'll notice the results most in benchmarks.

wait how do i do that
m
l
!