installing objects.

Last response: in Video Games
May 3, 2005 6:44:39 PM

I've been playing this sims 2 for a while. I know how to makes skins and
stuff , but I'm not real sure on how to install packages that people make.
other then the self install one. can anyone give me a few pointers. Thanks.

More about : installing objects

Anonymous
May 4, 2005 3:19:32 AM

pfancy wrote:
> I've been playing this sims 2 for a while. I know how to makes skins
> and stuff , but I'm not real sure on how to install packages that
> people make. other then the self install one. can anyone give me a
> few pointers. Thanks.

Most of the stuff you download will come in either zip or .rar format. Use
Winzip for the first ones and winrar for the others. (Google it and you can
find it to download.) The only things that you will find that actually need
to be "installed" are floors, walls, sims, and houses. I suggest you use
CleanInstaller for the houses because you get to look at what alls inside it
before you put it inside your game. Other things, like objects and recolors
and skins just put them in your Mw Documents/EA Games/Sims2/Downloads
folder. If you don't have one there, create one and use it. Make sure that
you have downloaded and installed the CEP (color enabler program) or the
recolors won't show up. You can get it at modthesims2.

Jeanie
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 3:19:33 AM

Thanks for the info. I think I'll save this email so I can read it a few
more times to make sure I understand it. LOL I know I sound like I may be a
slow learner but it all depends on the situation. :)

> pfancy wrote:
>> I've been playing this sims 2 for a while. I know how to makes skins
>> and stuff , but I'm not real sure on how to install packages that
>> people make. other then the self install one. can anyone give me a
>> few pointers. Thanks.
>
> Most of the stuff you download will come in either zip or .rar format.
> Use
> Winzip for the first ones and winrar for the others. (Google it and you
> can
> find it to download.) The only things that you will find that actually
> need
> to be "installed" are floors, walls, sims, and houses. I suggest you use
> CleanInstaller for the houses because you get to look at what alls inside
> it
> before you put it inside your game. Other things, like objects and
> recolors
> and skins just put them in your Mw Documents/EA Games/Sims2/Downloads
> folder. If you don't have one there, create one and use it. Make sure
> that
> you have downloaded and installed the CEP (color enabler program) or the
> recolors won't show up. You can get it at modthesims2.
>
> Jeanie

Anonymous
May 4, 2005 2:17:17 PM

I downloaded the newest clean install. Do i just go through and look at it
or what? I know I probably need to "READ" stuff but I didn't see a how to in
this. Sorry for all the question. :S
!