Sign in with
Your question

Acer Aspire T690 beeps at power on or start

Last response: in Motherboards
November 14, 2009 2:28:32 AM

I have an Acer Aspire T690 that beeps either long steady beep or about a 5-6 second beep then pause then another 5-6 second beep on start up. I have removed both memory sticks and cleaned the areas with air gun and pencil eraser. I have tried each ram stick in each slot individually to rule out a bad slot/stick.

When I place both in I get the steady continuous beep. When I put one stick in sometimes I get the beeps as mentioned above with a pause. I had added a video card because I couldn't get an image if I used the on board video. I got video, then one day the computer froze and then just steady beep.

I removed the video card with no success. I also installed a second SATA hard drive and as stated above I was able to boot. So when this occurred I removed that as well with the same results.

I tried a new stick of ram in each of the slots with the same results. I am at a loss....

Please advise.
February 5, 2010 10:52:37 PM

I am in the same boat. Came home on Monday to find my monitor would not come out of power save mode. No response from the computer. The only option I had was to turn the machine off using the power button for 5 seconds. When I turned it back on the infamous everlasting beep. Tried the same things, removed items from the power supply one by one thinking something was holding down one of the rails. All connectoins removed, HD, DVD player, Mouse, Keyboard, Video, all usb. Even went as far as resetting the bios and the cmos with the jumpers and then with the cmos battery. Removed the mobo and did a visual inspetions and a smell inspection. Nothing seems burnt. Pulled the Ram, cleaned it, tried one stick then the other then both same deal. Even the long beep that you mention came up for a try after I had reseated the ram. Rebooted and same. Looks like I may be into mobo ram and cpu at this point. :(  I liked this machine, too bad. Any other idea's would be great otherwise scrap parts box :S
September 19, 2010 4:05:18 AM

Try changing the CPU fan, this solve on my AspireT690
!