System Hangtime

G

its hard to say if this problem is system wide.

its mostly noticeable in games though.
ive had the problem for AS LONG as i can remember.

the problem is while playing games i get this crazy hanging. its no overheating. its not due to lack of fps. its not internet lag.
iits hard to explain cause the audio doesnt hang or anything.

this is EXACTLY what i have found out.(only took me like 8months or more to figure it out.)

anyhow

system starts to hang and games become very choppy.(excluding the audio)

now the strange thing is is if i move my mouse cursor around alot everything becomes normal. but then the SECOND i let my mouse set still its all choppy again.

this is very strange is there must be a fix for this. stranger is that i search google and people have the OPPOSITE problem... :-$ :-$ :-$
its not just one game it happens in so the game has nothing to do with it.

so im BEGGIN you, anyone, please help me with this.

EDIT:
okay after some more searching i found this link
http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-xp/video-choppy-unless-moving-mouse/136783.html

the closest thing to my problem. but i dont use IDE drives. im using a SATA drive and the solution provided does me no good : -((

EDIT: okay the last edit wouldnt even have anything to do with my problem.
cause my problem is not consistently constant(if that makes sense) i mean like i can play for 5min then get the crazy choppiness or it be like after 15-20min. i can go an hour and not get it. see what im saying?

anyhow please i need some assistance here. this problem makes any game i play unplayable. i never notice it during movies and such. appears to ONLY happen during games.

Cyberat_88

Distinguished
Try to turn off file INDEXING service by running services.msc, reduce the size of pagefile.sys or delete it in safe mode. Check all your application running in your tray next to clock. Turn off any boot time application you don't need sitting in memory. Defrag your HDs and cleanup registry.

G

hey sorry for not posting back sooner.

but ive fixed my problem. it would appear i didnt have the proper drivers installed for my cpu. i have k8 cpu and my windows was using OEM files for the driver.

anyhow it all came down to POWER THROTTLING. : -((

now i have installed the drivers from amd site i can now disable power throttling : -))

but i still really appreciate your post with your suggestions as they are all good ones that can increase system performance.