1Mystic-G

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
I've tried a few places and no one can seem to be able to pinpoint my problem, I hope someone will be able to help me solve this problem. It's a long read, but it's informative.

System Specs:
CPU: Pentium D (dual core) 3.2Ghz
Video Card: Evga 8800GTS 320MB Superclocked
Ram: Kingston KVR667D2N5/2G (1 DIMM)
Motherboard: Asus P5QL/EPU
Hard Drive: 250GB Western Digital (IDE)
PSU: 600w OCZ SilentxStream

I been using this setup for about 2 years now (except for the Motherboard and RAM) and it ran games just fine.

About 8 weeks ago my old motherboard (Asus P5PL) gave out. I had to buy a new motherboard and ram (my old ram was too slow for the new mobo. It was three DIMMs, two 512s and one 1GB), I also reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled Windows along with replacing them. Now when I play my games (such as Call of Duty 4 and Battlefield 2 titles) they run poorly even on very low or minimum settings. I used to run them at near max settings pretty smoothly before with my old motherboard. I tried changing my video drivers three times now, but nothing's changed.

I run my games at either 1024x768 or 1280x1024 so it shouldn't be straining the video card that badly. But as said, I used to run the games pretty smoothly all the time before at near max settings. Every game has generally bad performance when compared to my old motherboard and ram. A few are unplayable.

I recently ran 3DMark and my CPU score came up 956 whereas similar configs with the same cpu and gfx card received CPU scores in the 1500-1600 area, so there's definitely something wrong.

Side notes:
*DirectX is up-to-date.
*All my drivers are installed.
*CPU temps are 39c at idle, 55c while playing BF2, and 60c while playing CoD4.
*GPU temps are fine
*Windows is a fresh install.
*Not too many apps running in the background.
*Ran chkdsk fine.
*Tried a Geforce 7600GS video card, the games were still unplayable.
*Tried memory module in a different slot..
*Tried disabling C1E Support and CPU TM Function in the BIOS.
*Memory Remapping is disabled.
*Speedstep is disabled.

Here's some shots of me running CPU-Z...

The first one I screened was while I loaded up Photoshop, since my CPU speed slows down at idle.
70317854.jpg

My ram is in slot#3 because I changed channels to see if it'd make a difference
89588994.jpg

90499195.jpg

Hopefully some of that helps. I am open to suggestions and trials. I'm really on my last leg here to catch the problem.

TRENDING THREADS