Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Just bought parts, first ever, $600 budget

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Share
May 24, 2009 3:11:30 PM

COOLER MASTER Centurion 534( only reason didn't get the antec three hundred case is the design and place of the power supply on the bottom, wasn't going for it) Im also a newb

AMD Phenom II X4 940

GIGABYTE GA-MA790GP-UD4H Mobo

G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 800

Antec EA650 650W Continuous Power Supply

LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA

Seagate Barracuda 160GB 7200 RPM SATA (internal)



Haven't picked a graphics card yet but, I'm looking for a performance right now then i will look for one.

Posts would be greatly apprec. Thank you

More about : bought parts 600 budget

May 24, 2009 4:20:05 PM

fatsauce said:
Haven't picked a graphics card yet but, I'm looking for a performance right now then i will look for one.
Huh?

May 24, 2009 4:35:01 PM

WR2 said:
Huh?


I'm not interested in the gaming aspect of the build, just doing routine multitasking, multiple programs...The motherboard comes with onboard video, i think a ati radeon.
Related resources
May 24, 2009 4:39:38 PM

So you don't need another GPU then?
May 24, 2009 4:41:09 PM

I'm confused, you wanted better performance in multitasking and you didn't get an i7 build?

If it was me for that purpose it would have gone;

i7 920
Gigabyte UD3R
3x1GB of ram
Corsair 400cx
ATi 4350

and everything else the same.
May 24, 2009 5:06:32 PM

fatsauce said:
I'm not interested in the gaming aspect of the build, just doing routine multitasking, multiple programs...The motherboard comes with onboard video, i think a ati radeon.
You could have said that without confusing people.
May 24, 2009 5:57:50 PM

Well the amd cpu and the mobo is the best i can do for $600 budget, those I7's are out of my range, If i want to do some serious gaming ill get a card, but if it comes with the onboard video im going to use that right now. I guess i shouldn't say performance, maybe just good enough to run programs with no hiccups
May 24, 2009 9:23:10 PM

you have a fine multitasking pc . The onboard gfx are strong enough that you will not need a gfx card if you are not gaming

Im surprised you have chosen such a small hard drive
and the power supply is larger than you will need . Around 500 watts would be more than enough , and that might free up cash for the larger hard drive or an aftermarket cpu cooler that will have the pc running more quietly
May 25, 2009 5:47:03 AM

Outlander_04 said:
you have a fine multitasking pc . The onboard gfx are strong enough that you will not need a gfx card if you are not gaming

Im surprised you have chosen such a small hard drive
and the power supply is larger than you will need . Around 500 watts would be more than enough , and that might free up cash for the larger hard drive or an aftermarket cpu cooler that will have the pc running more quietly


I figured someone might say something about the power supply, Only reason i got it because it was only $60. I said to myself most these 500 watt PS or are around $50 and also some don't come with free shipping. I wanted to get a bang for my buck anything and it was a steal for $60 with a promo code $10 off and free shipping(new egg), so there ya go. The hard drive is small because i already have a 500 gb external HD hooked up to the current comp im using. 160gb will do for now, the budget was mainly for the the performance of the computer without the optical drives or hard drive, thats why the hd is small and no gfx card yet.
May 25, 2009 2:56:27 PM

Helloworld_98 said:
I'm confused, you wanted better performance in multitasking and you didn't get an i7 build?

If it was me for that purpose it would have gone;

i7 920
Gigabyte UD3R
3x1GB of ram
Corsair 400cx
ATi 4350

and everything else the same.

Would that fit into his 600$ budget? 280 (i7)+ 200 (Mobo) + 40 (3gb of RAM) + 4350 25$ + 50$ (Corsair 400) = 585$ then he would need a 50$ harddrive (cheapest) 25$ DVD Drive and then a 40-50$ case. That's closer to 700$, w/o a nice heatskink. So, maybe he didn't want the 100 premium.
May 26, 2009 3:05:42 AM

haha yeah.... an I7, i really should have stressed that it really isn't a gaming machine, but almost as a assurance to myself that this build will give me no slow downs what so ever. I constantly having firefox open multiple tabs, anti virus, aim, i like to play the occasional emulators time to time, One thing i hate is buring avi files to dvds with nero and having it hug up the memory. A carefree way to make sure i don't kick in my tower anymore, which is a POS dell desktop 2400 using right now. This spending of $600 should do ok. I have already a 23 inch monitor and a printer good to go.
May 26, 2009 7:18:30 AM

Really nice PC, good luck with it fatsauce!
May 26, 2009 11:31:52 PM

AKM880 said:
Really nice PC, good luck with it fatsauce!


Thanks dude, should be an fun first successful build....knock on wood.
!