On-demand (profile-based?) power saving software underclock

dontknownotsure

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011
Hi, I usually leave my computer on overnight to do manage stuff like downloading, messaging, being alarmclock, and etc.
I am looking for a way to software-underclock the cpu/gpu clock and voltage as well as case/cpu/gpu fan speed to reduce power consumption, dust collection, and noise. I prefer software overclock because
I wanted an ability to return to full performance in an instant when desire.

What option do I have.

hd6950 -shader unlocked
Core i7 2600K
SyncMaster P2770FH
Cooler Master CM 690 II Plus
PSU Corsair TX 750 W
P8P67 DELUXE
G.Skill pc-12800 8G (DDR3-1600 4GB×2)
WD20EARS (2TB SATA300)

The GPU has it built it and it is passive so you can't alter it's settings.It's permminitly on power saving mode.Your CPU has this function but you might have to enable it.I'm not familair with Intel's but i'm sure it's the same as AMD.Their is a setting for it in the BIOS.

Have you O.C. your i7?

Thats good then you shouldn't run into any problems with the power saving function.

Have looked in the BIOS for anything of what we've mentioned?

You can also make your own power saving plan thru Windows.But you will have to manually turn it on and off.

dontknownotsure

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011

Thanks a bunch

yes, every build-in cpu power management feature is on(except the ASUS EPU feature, which is accessible thru windows via asus AI suite)

On the other note I've notice that ASUS have EPU switch install backward lol.

dontknownotsure

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2011

Um yeah but should It not idle at 1600, pop to 3400 at load, then finally push 3800 when stressed?

or is it because i set "Ai Overclock tuner" thing to "X.M.P."in bios? which according to manual saids "If you install memory modules supporting the extreme memory profile(XMP) technology, choose this item to set the profiles supported by your memory modules for optimizing the system performances." Which actually is not that descriptive.