Sign in with
Your question

Dvd rom saying cd is blank

Last response: in Storage
January 24, 2011 4:59:48 AM

Hi all:

Friends i m using Sony DVD Rom[PC] from past 3 years and it was working great,and now when i insert any dvds it works
normally but if i insert any cds it says tat the cd is blank, i tried with lof cds but the same problem occurs. Plz help me...

More about : dvd rom blank

October 20, 2011 8:57:48 PM

mithun_sep08 said:
Hi all:

Friends i m using Sony DVD Rom[PC] from past 3 years and it was working great,and now when i insert any dvds it works
normally but if i insert any cds it says tat the cd is blank, i tried with lof cds but the same problem occurs. Plz help me...

Hello,
I know it's been a while but right now i have the very same issue and i was wondering if you ever found a solution to this or not? If you did, would you like to share it with me? thank you.
m
l
a b Ù Sony
a c 117 G Storage
October 21, 2011 4:53:50 PM

Replace the drive. CD and DVD use different read heads, they can go bad independently.
m
l
Related resources
October 21, 2011 5:31:41 PM

hello and thank you for the suggestion.
now the problem has evolved itself to a newer and more complicated one. after installing Sonic Recordnow and trying to burn the first dvd after 2 years, now the drive is totally dead. now, it doesn't even read the dvd's.
i've uninstalled Recordnow and even did a clean windows reinstall but the drive is just not responding. after putting a dvd in it, it spins for a few seconds and the light blinks 4 or 5 times and that's it. it completely stops.
m
l
a b Ù Sony
a c 117 G Storage
October 21, 2011 8:47:43 PM

New drive time is sounds like. www.newegg.com, the Lite On ones are very good and priced well.
m
l
!