Dvd rom saying cd is blank

Hi all:

Friends i m using Sony DVD Rom[PC] from past 3 years and it was working great,and now when i insert any dvds it works
normally but if i insert any cds it says tat the cd is blank, i tried with lof cds but the same problem occurs. Plz help me...
4 answers Last reply
More about blank
  1. mithun_sep08 said:
    Hi all:

Friends i m using Sony DVD Rom[PC] from past 3 years and it was working great,and now when i insert any dvds it works
    normally but if i insert any cds it says tat the cd is blank, i tried with lof cds but the same problem occurs. Plz help me...

Hello,
    I know it's been a while but right now i have the very same issue and i was wondering if you ever found a solution to this or not? If you did, would you like to share it with me? thank you.
  2. Replace the drive. CD and DVD use different read heads, they can go bad independently.
  3. hello and thank you for the suggestion.
    now the problem has evolved itself to a newer and more complicated one. after installing Sonic Recordnow and trying to burn the first dvd after 2 years, now the drive is totally dead. now, it doesn't even read the dvd's.
    i've uninstalled Recordnow and even did a clean windows reinstall but the drive is just not responding. after putting a dvd in it, it spins for a few seconds and the light blinks 4 or 5 times and that's it. it completely stops.
  4. New drive time is sounds like. www.newegg.com, the Lite On ones are very good and priced well.
Ask a new question

Read More

DVD Drives Sony CD-Rom Storage Product