University question

Last response: in Video Games
May 4, 2005 5:38:59 AM

When I first got the game, I wasn't sure what I was doing and was just
looking around. Apparently, when I clicked one of the universities for my
custom neighborhood, it automatically associated it with that neighborhood
to the exclusion of the other two Maxis-made universities. Is there any way
to go back now and dis-associate it so I can choose a different one for the
teens in that neighborhood to attend? I don't want to have to create an
entire university when I've never even played one yet.

Jeanie

More about : university question

Anonymous
May 4, 2005 12:18:09 PM

On Wed, 04 May 2005 01:38:59 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:

>When I first got the game, I wasn't sure what I was doing and was just
>looking around. Apparently, when I clicked one of the universities for my
>custom neighborhood, it automatically associated it with that neighborhood
>to the exclusion of the other two Maxis-made universities. Is there any way
>to go back now and dis-associate it so I can choose a different one for the
>teens in that neighborhood to attend? I don't want to have to create an
>entire university when I've never even played one yet.

Yes you can. Create another university for the town, then when the
university selection screen comes up, delete the old one.
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 12:59:06 PM

You know you can have up to three universities associated with any one
neighbourhood?

Anyway, you should just be able to delete the association in the
NEIGHBOURHOOD's University screen (not the main University screen) though as
you've given the neighbourhood a university already, you might need to add
another one (the one you want) before you can delete.

Best wishes
Maxon

> When I first got the game, I wasn't sure what I was doing and was just
> looking around. Apparently, when I clicked one of the universities for my
> custom neighborhood, it automatically associated it with that neighborhood
> to the exclusion of the other two Maxis-made universities. Is there any
way
> to go back now and dis-associate it so I can choose a different one for
the
> teens in that neighborhood to attend? I don't want to have to create an
> entire university when I've never even played one yet.
>
> Jeanie

May 4, 2005 7:06:42 PM

Maxon wrote:
> You know you can have up to three universities associated with any one
> neighbourhood?
>
> Anyway, you should just be able to delete the association in the
> NEIGHBOURHOOD's University screen (not the main University screen)
> though as you've given the neighbourhood a university already, you
> might need to add another one (the one you want) before you can
> delete.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon

Well, how do I do that without having to create the dang thing? I want to
associate the State University to my neighborhood and I've now got that
European sounding one showing up.

Jeanie
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 7:08:12 PM

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On Wed, 04 May 2005 01:38:59 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:
>
>> When I first got the game, I wasn't sure what I was doing and was
>> just looking around. Apparently, when I clicked one of the
>> universities for my custom neighborhood, it automatically associated
>> it with that neighborhood to the exclusion of the other two
>> Maxis-made universities. Is there any way to go back now and
>> dis-associate it so I can choose a different one for the teens in
>> that neighborhood to attend? I don't want to have to create an
>> entire university when I've never even played one yet.
>
> Yes you can. Create another university for the town, then when the
> university selection screen comes up, delete the old one.

But I don't want to create a new one! I have no idea what goes in it and
I'm bound to leave something crucial out since I've never played the
universities before. I want to associate one of the other Maxis ones. If I
do that, will the other Maxis ones show up as choices?

Jeanie
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 7:42:25 PM

You go into your Neighbourhood, press the University icon (little laurel
leaf crown surrounding a mortar board in the corner of the screen), pull up
the University screen and select add new university (the button with a big
fat cross on it that says 'Create University' when you hover your mouse over
it) and then select one of the pre-made universities that pop up.

Best wishes
Maxon

> Maxon wrote:
> > You know you can have up to three universities associated with any one
> > neighbourhood?
> >
> > Anyway, you should just be able to delete the association in the
> > NEIGHBOURHOOD's University screen (not the main University screen)
> > though as you've given the neighbourhood a university already, you
> > might need to add another one (the one you want) before you can
> > delete.
> >
> > Best wishes
> > Maxon
> >

> Well, how do I do that without having to create the dang thing? I want to
> associate the State University to my neighborhood and I've now got that
> European sounding one showing up.
>
> Jeanie

Anonymous
May 4, 2005 8:35:03 PM

Maxon wrote:
> You go into your Neighbourhood, press the University icon (little
> laurel leaf crown surrounding a mortar board in the corner of the
> screen), pull up the University screen and select add new university
> (the button with a big fat cross on it that says 'Create University'
> when you hover your mouse over it) and then select one of the
> pre-made universities that pop up.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon

Thank you! I wonder why they didn't give any of that information in the
little manual that came with the game?

Jeanie

> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
>> Maxon wrote:
>>> You know you can have up to three universities associated with any
>>> one neighbourhood?
>>>
>>> Anyway, you should just be able to delete the association in the
>>> NEIGHBOURHOOD's University screen (not the main University screen)
>>> though as you've given the neighbourhood a university already, you
>>> might need to add another one (the one you want) before you can
>>> delete.
>>>
>>> Best wishes
>>> Maxon
>>>

>> Well, how do I do that without having to create the dang thing? I
>> want to associate the State University to my neighborhood and I've
>> now got that European sounding one showing up.
>>
>> Jeanie
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 4:13:57 AM

That's what was meant by making a new one, associating it. I used to have
all 3 Universities attached to Pleasantville.

--
Morituri Nolumus Mori

MM

!