Best graphic card for 1440x900 resoulution(max graphics gameplay)

Hi everyone i am a gamer and i want to build my own pc and i need help building my gaming rig at lowest price possible i am planning to get these specs:

1.Asus P5Q motherboard
2.Intel core2quad Q9550
3.2x2 ddr2 trancend ram
4.PSU(dont know according to my gpu selection i will select this)
5.GPU(thinking of gtx 275 but not sure need ur help)

i need help with GPU selection i want maximium graphics at 1440x900 resolution i have viewsonic 19inch monitor i want to play all latest games like CRYSIS,GTA4,ASSASSINS CREED etc with max graphics plz tell me which graphic card to buy for max graphics and performance thank you and i am from India if anyone knows a good online india shop plz tell me so
32 answers Last reply
More about best graphic card 1440x900 resoulution graphics gameplay
  1. gamer1291 said:
    Hi everyone i am a gamer and i want to build my own pc and i need help building my gaming rig at lowest price possible i am planning to get these specs:

    1.Asus P5Q motherboard
    2.Intel core2quad Q9550
    3.2x2 ddr2 trancend ram
    4.PSU(dont know according to my gpu selection i will select this)
    5.GPU(thinking of gtx 275 but not sure need ur help)

    i need help with GPU selection i want maximium graphics at 1440x900 resolution i have viewsonic 19inch monitor i want to play all latest games like CRYSIS,GTA4,ASSASSINS CREED etc with max graphics plz tell me which graphic card to buy for max graphics and performance thank you and i am from India if anyone knows a good online india shop plz tell me so


    Right now ATI card have the upper hand. If your board is crossfire enabled, two 4850 at 90$ would be as strong as a gtx 275.

    But for that kind of resolution, just go with a 4870...

    Sincerely, my old 8800 GTX OC is playing every game flawlessly at this resolution...
  2. At that resolution, you don't need more than a GTX 260.
  3. are u sure coz i saw benchmark results for farcry 2 and 4870 performs very slow at 4x AA and 8x AF even gtx 260 is not performing well but gtx 275 lives up to its mark i am checking at 1680x1050 resolution benchmarking it is close to 1440x900 and there are many driver problems with ati so i am not so sure i should buy ati is ati really better than nvidia i never used a ati card before but nvidia i hav used and i had no problems
  4. Far Cry 2, Crysis and GTA IV generally requires more GPU power due to their graphic engines which are not optimized very well. I think GTA IV is pretty CPU demanding as well.

    1680 x 1050 has 36% more pixels than 1440 x 900 so it is not really that close.
  5. invisik said:


    wow gtx 260 216 cores is doing well i like it so what do u suggest which one should i choose as my graphic card is crossfire or sli necessary for my resolution?
  6. you don't need SLI for your resolution with a GTX 260
  7. which is the best motherboard and processor for GTX 260 core 216??
  8. AMD 940...
  9. hi,

    i was wondering which graphic card should i install, is the 9 series any better than the 8, .. not so kicked about vista using a windows xp os ... how abt the 8800GT .. i game a lot so pl recommend .. im running a 2.33GHZ core 2 quad .. with an intel mother board .. 4 BG RAM ..

    J
  10. Just be careful....your obviously neglecting your english classes as it is :sweat: am i right :ange:

    Go google some benchmarks...don't reply...don't question...google
  11. i'm not aware of the all the technical terms .. thanks anyways ..
  12. Thus you dumb it down for yourself :pfff:

    Do i need to spell it out for you?

    google 8 vs 9 series if you have to.....how in the hell do you think we know which card is which and whats new and old...whats powerful and whats a waste...because we searched....
  13. gamer1291 said:
    which is the best motherboard and processor for GTX 260 core 216??


    Ill gladly help you out with that but what's your budget?
  14. invisik said:
    Ill gladly help you out with that but what's your budget?


    well i am just an 18 year old boy my dad works but he can buy me whatever i want so please tell me a good motherboard and processor for about 150-200$ if possibble a few extra 10-20$ is not a problem
  15. At 1st you wanted this.
    1.Asus P5Q motherboard
    2.Intel core2quad Q9550

    That would cost you much more then your 150-200 budget.

    Here is a good combo deal i found.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.198672
  16. invisik said:
    At 1st you wanted this.
    1.Asus P5Q motherboard
    2.Intel core2quad Q9550

    That would cost you much more then your 150-200 budget.

    Here is a good combo deal i found.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.198672


    are u sure i dont need intel?i never used an amd mobo before or amd processor
  17. No amd/ati are very reliable plus very cheap for the performance they offer. If you wanted the ultimate rig i would of recommend an intel board with an i7 core.
  18. invisik said:
    No amd/ati are very reliable plus very cheap for the performance they offer. If you wanted the ultimate rig i would of recommend an intel board with an i7 core.


    no thanx core i7 is expensive and my dad will surely say no no no and no so how about a good amd mobo with phenom II 940? will that be good with my gtx 260 or should i get radeon against gtx 260
  19. gamer1291 said:
    well i am just an 18 year old boy my dad works but he can buy me whatever i want so please tell me a good motherboard and processor for about 150-200$ if possibble a few extra 10-20$ is not a problem


    Personally, I'd recommend this combo:

    Mobo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128387 $110
    CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103648 $120
    Video: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102801 $180

    Total = $410

    Even if you're still intent on a GTX260 Core 216 I'd still recommend that mobo/CPU setup at just $230. :)
  20. Well a good mobo and a phenom II 940 will cost you over 200$ the cpu wil run you 190$ and a good mobo will cost you another 100$. If you have the money go for it.

    In my opinion i would go with the combo i showed you and invest the extra cash on ram, video card, cooling product etc.

    As for the graphic card i would go with an ati card because your mobo will most likely support crossfire.

    graphic card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121291
  21. invisik said:
    Well a good mobo and a phenom II 940 will cost you over 200$ the cpu wil run you 190$ and a good mobo will cost you another 100$. If you have the money go for it.

    In my opinion i would go with the combo i showed you and invest the extra cash on ram, video card, cooling product etc.

    As for the graphic card i would go with an ati card because your mobo will most likely support crossfire.

    graphic card http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121291



    ok thanx and yes i can get phenom II 940 and mobo and will radeon 4870 run crysis,gta4,farcry2 at my resolution with everything maxed out and even 4xaa and 8xaf??
  22. We don't know! A 4870 could run most games great at 1440 x 900 but I don't know what fps your aiming for, is 20 FPS OK? 30? 60?
  23. sabot00 said:
    We don't know! A 4870 could run most games great at 1440 x 900 but I don't know what fps your aiming for, is 20 FPS OK? 30? 60?


    well as long as the game is not choppy or lagging with my maxed out settings about 40-50fps would be right???
  24. It should run fine but for crysis nvidia cards tend to do better. So if your a huge crysis fan go for nvidia they tend to do a bit better. But if you play various type of games you cant really go wrong with either cards.
  25. invisik said:
    It should run fine but for crysis nvidia cards tend to do better. So if your a huge crysis fan go for nvidia they tend to do a bit better. But if you play various type of games you cant really go wrong with either cards.



    i am not a huge fan of crysis but i do want to play it but i guess i will go with sapphire radeon 4870 1gb except crysis it can run all games verywell u say?
  26. Minus Crysis(/Fallout 3?), an HD 4850 would give you playable framerates in all games @ max settings. And to the above two games, the difference between playing on High and Ultra or turning AA off isn't THAT much.
  27. k0unit said:
    Minus Crysis(/Fallout 3?), an HD 4850 would give you playable framerates in all games @ max settings. And to the above two games, the difference between playing on High and Ultra or turning AA off isn't THAT much.


    are u trying to say that radeon 4870 will have performance lag when playing crysis and fallout 3?i dont know which graphic card to buy every card has its own advantage and disadvantage its too tough to select the one i need
  28. Well this thread progressed alot....just buy a 4870 1gb...
  29. rewindlabs said:
    Well this thread progressed alot....just buy a 4870 1gb...


    ok i am fixed at radeon 4870 1gb but can i ask one more question if u dont mind which manufacturer is the best for radeon 4870?
  30. Sapphire, Diamond, and XFX are all very good companies. Just buy the cheapest 4870 you can find out of these brands because the difference between a $180 4870 and a $125 4870 will be almost nothing. Also don't get "fooled" by better cooling performance either because in the end that doesnt matter. One last thing, make sure to buy from www.newegg.com or www.zipzoomfly.com for the best prices.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards GPUs Graphics