Sign in with
Your question

How to build the pc you buy?

Last response: in Systems
May 24, 2009 6:17:46 PM

Hi guys,
I pretty much know the basic stuff like graphics card, memory and CPU
but I was wondering if anyone can link me to a guide on how to build a PC, preferably with pics and very detailed.

Thanks!

More about : build buy

May 24, 2009 6:23:41 PM

Faster results if you just google it. And www.newegg.com is a great place to buy parts.
May 24, 2009 6:41:58 PM

Googled.
I found a lot, thats why I was asking if any of you experts could direct me to a guide to assemble the pc...

And what does newegg.com have anything to do with what I asked?
I wanted a guide for assembling a pc, not where to buy parts for it.
Related resources
May 24, 2009 6:44:54 PM

Just assumed you would want to know a good place to get parts. Its also a place to check what kind of price youre looking at. I never used a guide to build my computer, just used the old one as a reference. There should be a place on here somewhere to show how, but I'm relatively new here and dont know where that might be. I'll help look and see what i come up with.
May 24, 2009 6:51:06 PM

Youre right. Google didnt return many decent results. Guess thats why they say not to assume things. Sorry about that. if I come across anything Ill let you know.
May 24, 2009 6:53:24 PM

when you buy parts, the motherboard book has instructions with pictures on how to put the components together
May 24, 2009 7:28:17 PM

thanks!
awesome :D 
a b B Homebuilt system
a b U Graphics card
May 24, 2009 7:33:05 PM

Your motherboard manual is your best bet when putting things together. Each board is different. A guide can give you general assistance, but your mobo manual is your friend.
May 24, 2009 7:36:47 PM

aford10 said:
Your motherboard manual is your best bet when putting things together. Each board is different. A guide can give you general assistance, but your mobo manual is your friend.

That is assuming you know what mobo youre getting. I think he was more interested in a general "what's involved" type guide. Some people like to research everything before buying a motherboard. Especially if they dont know what they SHOULD get.
a b B Homebuilt system
a b U Graphics card
May 24, 2009 7:42:11 PM

OP said he knew the 'basics.' Guess I assumed the 'what's involved' was part of the basics.
May 24, 2009 8:03:08 PM

Well, I know what there is to know about the parts, theoretical knowledge that is.
A new rig is on the way, and I'd like to prepare myself for the physical building job.
May 24, 2009 8:05:08 PM

Well good luck with everything. Hope It goes ok. My build hasn't been that successful, but perhaps that's the 64 bit XP im using. :) 
May 26, 2009 6:20:57 PM

:p  might be, x64 with 1GB RAM... thats bold.
a b B Homebuilt system
a c 148 U Graphics card
May 26, 2009 10:57:21 PM

You can also try youtube searches for:

How to install {insert component name}

-Wolf sends
!