How to build the pc you buy?

Hi guys,
I pretty much know the basic stuff like graphics card, memory and CPU
but I was wondering if anyone can link me to a guide on how to build a PC, preferably with pics and very detailed.

Thanks!
15 answers Last reply
More about build
  1. Faster results if you just google it. And www.newegg.com is a great place to buy parts.
  2. Googled.
    I found a lot, thats why I was asking if any of you experts could direct me to a guide to assemble the pc...

And what does newegg.com have anything to do with what I asked?
    I wanted a guide for assembling a pc, not where to buy parts for it.
  3. Just assumed you would want to know a good place to get parts. Its also a place to check what kind of price youre looking at. I never used a guide to build my computer, just used the old one as a reference. There should be a place on here somewhere to show how, but I'm relatively new here and dont know where that might be. I'll help look and see what i come up with.
  4. Youre right. Google didnt return many decent results. Guess thats why they say not to assume things. Sorry about that. if I come across anything Ill let you know.
  5. when you buy parts, the motherboard book has instructions with pictures on how to put the components together
  6. Here. Try this. Has a lot more information than pictures, but does a good job, and has some pretty detailed pictures.

http://www.build-a-computer-guide.com/
  7. thanks!
    awesome :D
  8. Your motherboard manual is your best bet when putting things together. Each board is different. A guide can give you general assistance, but your mobo manual is your friend.
  9. aford10 said:
    Your motherboard manual is your best bet when putting things together. Each board is different. A guide can give you general assistance, but your mobo manual is your friend.

That is assuming you know what mobo youre getting. I think he was more interested in a general "what's involved" type guide. Some people like to research everything before buying a motherboard. Especially if they dont know what they SHOULD get.
  10. OP said he knew the 'basics.' Guess I assumed the 'what's involved' was part of the basics.
  11. Well, I know what there is to know about the parts, theoretical knowledge that is.
    A new rig is on the way, and I'd like to prepare myself for the physical building job.
  12. Well good luck with everything. Hope It goes ok. My build hasn't been that successful, but perhaps that's the 64 bit XP im using. :)
  13. :P might be, x64 with 1GB RAM... thats bold.
  14. My Super PC is another guide that is very helpful: http://www.mysuperpc.com/
  15. You can also try youtube searches for:

How to install {insert component name}

-Wolf sends
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Graphics Cards Build Systems