How to build the pc you buy?

skinnyq

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Hi guys,
I pretty much know the basic stuff like graphics card, memory and CPU
but I was wondering if anyone can link me to a guide on how to build a PC, preferably with pics and very detailed.

Thanks!

skinnyq

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Googled.
I found a lot, thats why I was asking if any of you experts could direct me to a guide to assemble the pc...

And what does newegg.com have anything to do with what I asked?
I wanted a guide for assembling a pc, not where to buy parts for it.

nvchad2

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
Just assumed you would want to know a good place to get parts. Its also a place to check what kind of price youre looking at. I never used a guide to build my computer, just used the old one as a reference. There should be a place on here somewhere to show how, but I'm relatively new here and dont know where that might be. I'll help look and see what i come up with.

nvchad2

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
Youre right. Google didnt return many decent results. Guess thats why they say not to assume things. Sorry about that. if I come across anything Ill let you know.

kite212

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2008
when you buy parts, the motherboard book has instructions with pictures on how to put the components together

nvchad2

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
Here. Try this. Has a lot more information than pictures, but does a good job, and has some pretty detailed pictures.

http://www.build-a-computer-guide.com/

nvchad2

Distinguished
May 14, 2009

That is assuming you know what mobo youre getting. I think he was more interested in a general "what's involved" type guide. Some people like to research everything before buying a motherboard. Especially if they dont know what they SHOULD get.

skinnyq

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Well, I know what there is to know about the parts, theoretical knowledge that is.
A new rig is on the way, and I'd like to prepare myself for the physical building job.

nvchad2

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
Well good luck with everything. Hope It goes ok. My build hasn't been that successful, but perhaps that's the 64 bit XP im using. :)