Your question

Suggested settings for Phenom II X4 955 and Asus M4N68T-T

Tags:
  • Overclocking
  • Phenom
  • Product
Last response: in Overclocking
April 6, 2011 6:32:51 PM

Hey everyone looking for some help overclocking my new rig.

I have AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz 955 Black edition, with an Asus M4N68T-M2 V2 motherboard. Looking to try overclocking it. Because it has the Nvidia chipset, I can't run AMD Overdrive from Windows so I have to do everything from Bios. I find Bios is confusing because it has tons of options. Most people mention the multiplier, voltage etc, but I have about 4 different areas for voltage. My ram is 1 4GB chip of DDR3-1333 memory.

Does anyone have suggested settings? I'm going to get a water cool device like the Corsair H50 or H60. Someone in another forum mentioned 3.8ghz by doing 19x multipler, 250mhz and 1.4 volts. For some reason anything over 205Mhz my system won't boot it says overclocking failed, but maybe it's due to wrong voltage? Just wondering if anyone has tips where to go.

I'm at work and should have posted this at home so I don't have the list of the types of voltage it asks for. I remember something about CPU voltage, and then there's a HT voltage. Can write the list tonight but wondering if theres somewhere with recommended settings. Thanks!

More about : suggested settings phenom 955 asus m4n68t

a b K Overclocking
April 6, 2011 7:00:02 PM

3.8 GHz using the multi.. the settings would be 19x on the multi and leave the ref. clock alone @ 200 MHz...give it a slight bump in voltage..you want to be at 1.42-1.44v in most instances....So the settings would be:

Multi.= x19
BCLK=200MHz
Voltage=1.42...or a 50mA increase
Everything else can be on auto
m
l
April 6, 2011 7:10:06 PM

Thanks! I posted this in another thread but should I be able to achieve that using the stock fan? Just trying to make sure it all works before spending $70+ on a water cool device is all. Or is the reason I'm having issues due to cooling? It shows i"m only at 40 degrees mostly.
m
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
April 6, 2011 8:01:42 PM

Stock cooling is not suffient for that OC...It will work for a bit but an overheat will be inevitable while OCing with the stock HSF...
m
l
April 6, 2011 9:39:46 PM

So just bought the Corsair H60 and it won't fit in my case grrr this thing is honkin. Same price as H50 so bought this one. IT's way too big for my case which really sucks.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
April 6, 2011 10:20:21 PM

Which case are you using?...it usually takes some modding to make the rad fit...unless you got a case made for LCS.
m
l
April 7, 2011 6:12:57 PM

lowjack989 said:
Stock cooling is not suffient for that OC...It will work for a bit but an overheat will be inevitable while OCing with the stock HSF...

Are the coolers on the 955 and 965 the same? I ask because I have a 965 at 4.1ghz and the NB oc'ed to 2400mhz. I have the stock cooler that came with my cpu and it does just fine with the voltage at 1.438 or something like that. It never goes over 57c and I think the max is 65c right? Also thats the max wile gaimg Metro2033 and Crysis at max settings for the most part. I do have a HAF 922 with one 120mm side fan so I guess that helps but I would say at 3.8ghz no might not need the extra cooling unless yur case is cramped or you are expectting real hot room temps???
m
l
a b K Overclocking
April 7, 2011 6:20:19 PM

WOW ...a 4.1 OC on the stock cooler...I'd say your cooler is an execption to the rule as I OCed with stock cooler and got some unacceceptable temps. max temps @ 3.8-->1.42v
were 61c in a Lian-Li case with 3x140mm fans, 2x120mm fans...
m
l
April 7, 2011 7:15:42 PM

lowjack989 said:
WOW ...a 4.1 OC on the stock cooler...I'd say your cooler is an execption to the rule as I OCed with stock cooler and got some unacceceptable temps. max temps @ 3.8-->1.42v
were 61c in a Lian-Li case with 3x140mm fans, 2x120mm fans...

Maybe they started shipping with different coolers? The one I got when I pulled it out looked quite beefy for a stock cooler lol. My cooler has a top mounted fan with fins like a reg cooler that I got with my Athlon. BUT then the fins are on a great looking set of copper heat pipes with the copper going all the way to where it hits the cpu. Thing even looks good in my case. Would that describe the stock Phenom cooler or no?
m
l
a b K Overclocking
April 7, 2011 7:39:05 PM

Mine was a dual heatpipe unit with a 60mm fan..AMD X4 965 BE 125-watt
m
l
a b K Overclocking
April 7, 2011 8:43:10 PM

That the one I had I thought it sucked
m
l
April 7, 2011 9:07:49 PM

Thats the one lol Works like a champ for me. But then the HAF 922 is a beast and I have 3 case fans one extra side fan I added blowing directly on the cpu and cooler so I guess that helps. I will say for everyday use this set up is working great for me BUT if I try to run prime 95 its a no go. It will be stable for as long as I can run it but the temps will hit 65c after 2-3mins and I stop the test. So what I did was have a program that logs the CPU temp running and started playing a game for about an hour and saw the temp didnt ever go past 57c so Im happy with that. :)  might still get a diff cooler this CPU seems to be a good OCer maybe with better cooling I can hit 4.3-4.5??? lol would be nice
m
l
April 7, 2011 9:08:58 PM

avadakedabra said:
cburke that's what my stock cooler sounded like too. I just bought a new case though and installed the H60 fit perfectly, my case that I had was a bit too small. This was the stock cooler I had here http://techreport.com/r.x/phenom-ii-x4-955/stock-hsf.jp...

what temps are you getting with the h60???
m
l
a b K Overclocking
April 7, 2011 9:14:12 PM

I have an H50 on a 965 and my prime temp never exceeds 48c
m
l
April 7, 2011 9:35:20 PM

the h50-h60 are water coolers right?
m
l
April 8, 2011 2:24:03 AM

Yeah they are, I haven't overclocked yet but with the H60 I was just playing REsident Evil 5 for about 15 mins, quit and I'm at 30 degrees going to OC now.
m
l
April 8, 2011 2:55:36 AM

I'm having issues here. Earlier I swear I tried the above settings, 200mhz, 3.8Ghz and 1.4v and in Cinebench got like 4.07 for a score, normally it's 3.5. However now when I do it, I get like 3.2 much slower than standard. I"ve tried changing all the settings and it seems like overclocking makes it slower. Also it shows my CPU is always at 30 degrees, it's been there for an hour even after running a few cinebench tests which is odd. There's so many settings in bios to change I don't know what is what. I have:

CPU Overclocking, and I can pick standard, manual, auto, or profile
PCIe Overclocking same options
GPU Overclocking same options

Processor Frequency Multiplier
CPU/NB Frequency
HT Over Voltage
CPU Over Voltage
VDDNB Over Voltage
LoadLine Calibration

Memory Clock Mode
DRAM Timing Mode
Memory Over Voltage

Chipset over voltage

For the 1.4 volts I've been changing CPU Over Voltage, is that the right one?
m
l
April 8, 2011 4:18:32 PM

avadakedabra said:
I'm having issues here. Earlier I swear I tried the above settings, 200mhz, 3.8Ghz and 1.4v and in Cinebench got like 4.07 for a score, normally it's 3.5. However now when I do it, I get like 3.2 much slower than standard. I"ve tried changing all the settings and it seems like overclocking makes it slower. Also it shows my CPU is always at 30 degrees, it's been there for an hour even after running a few cinebench tests which is odd. There's so many settings in bios to change I don't know what is what. I have:

Processor Frequency Multiplier
CPU/NB Frequency
HT Over Voltage
CPU Over Voltage
VDDNB Over Voltage
LoadLine Calibration

Memory Clock Mode
DRAM Timing Mode
Memory Over Voltage

Chipset over voltage

For the 1.4 volts I've been changing CPU Over Voltage, is that the right one?

I had an issue where I OCed my cpu and 3Dmark scores went down. I had to OC my Northbridge and then the scores went past the stock settings.

Were you see this : CPU/NB Frequency you should have settings in there for your NB settings. My mobo goes up 200mhz at a time. So stock its at 2000mhz then you can go 2200, 2400, 2600, 2800. I got my best scores and stability at 2600mhz. I did have to bump the voltage to keep stable. On my mobo the control for NB voltage is in the same area as the CPU voltage I only had to bump the NB voltage .1v to make it stable. Make sure not to adjust the NB voltage in 2 places. My mobo has a setting in the over clocking area close to the CPU setting and a separate one in another menu. Dont use the setting thats seperate from the CPU area use the one located with all the overclocking stuff.

My stock settings were Phenom II X4 965 3.4ghz 1.4v NB @ 2000mhz 1.1v I clocked to 4.1ghz at 1.43v NB @ 2600mhz at 1.201v. That was stable heat was under control and my benchmarks went up past stck by a good bit.
m
l
April 8, 2011 4:45:22 PM

Okay thanks I'll try. I'm just confused with all the voltage, when you say 1.43v for example, is that set under CPU Over Voltage? So like multiplier at 21x or whatever it is to make it 4.1Ghz, then CPU over voltage at 1.43v and CPU NB Frequency set to make it around 2600mhz? IT's the voltage I get confused with since theres HT Over Voltage, CPU Over Voltage and VDDNB Over Voltage so just not sure where the 1.43 goes...
m
l
April 8, 2011 4:48:49 PM

Btw the H60 is really awesome, haven't done much Overclocking yet but on stock settings even when playing games I can't really get it to ever go over 32 degrees.
m
l
April 8, 2011 5:07:29 PM

Just a quick update didn't have any luck. I don't have anywhere to set it to 2600mhz. The setting CPU/NB FREQUENCY has options like:

4x
5x
6x
7x

up to 11x. I tried 4x and when running Cinebench it just crashed. That was at 4.1Ghz which is a multiplier of 20.5, and I used CPU Over Voltage of 1.43v but no dice. There's not really anywhere that I can change the NB settings unless I'm missing something...
m
l
April 8, 2011 5:19:02 PM

avadakedabra said:
Just a quick update didn't have any luck. I don't have anywhere to set it to 2600mhz. The setting CPU/NB FREQUENCY has options like:

4x
5x
6x
7x

up to 11x. I tried 4x and when running Cinebench it just crashed. That was at 4.1Ghz which is a multiplier of 20.5, and I used CPU Over Voltage of 1.43v but no dice. There's not really anywhere that I can change the NB settings unless I'm missing something...

Problem is every bios is different lol. If you can post some pics some how Ill try to see if there are any setting that look like they might be the ones to change
m
l
April 8, 2011 8:19:34 PM

I can try to, the thing above I posted though was all the options, it's basically:

Processor Frequency Multiplier - Standard, the multiplier to set the clock speed at ie 19x is 3.8ghz
CPU/NB Frequency this is 4x, 5x, 6x up to 11x
HT Over Voltage this is a voltage selection
CPU Over Voltage same as above
VDDNB Over Voltage also voltage selection but muchs maller like 0.7v, 0.8v etc
LoadLine Calibration forget what this one is
m
l
April 8, 2011 9:14:56 PM

avadakedabra said:
I can try to, the thing above I posted though was all the options, it's basically:

Processor Frequency Multiplier - Standard, the multiplier to set the clock speed at ie 19x is 3.8ghz
CPU/NB Frequency this is 4x, 5x, 6x up to 11x
HT Over Voltage this is a voltage selection
CPU Over Voltage same as above
VDDNB Over Voltage also voltage selection but muchs maller like 0.7v, 0.8v etc
LoadLine Calibration forget what this one is

For CPU Overclocking are you selecting the manual option? If so what pops up at that point?? In my bios everything is greyed out If I select AUTO I get a few options as far as level of OC I want. If I select manual then I get a buch of options that open up. Everything I did to OC was in the options that open up once I turn on MAN OCing.
m
l
April 8, 2011 10:54:31 PM

The only difference with Standard and Manual is when you pick manual, it drops down under it and it has CPU Frequency or whatever it is, where you can pick from 200Mhz to 300MHz, but choosing anything other than 200 seems to bluescreen or cause the machine to not boot giving an erroa bout overclocking. The thing is whether CPU Overclocking is on auto, manual, etc, I can still change all the other settings which is weird. So like I can pick manual or auto, it still lets me change voltage and what not. I've tried both standard and auto though.

m
l
April 8, 2011 11:05:01 PM

Just found this http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=605... looks pretty handy might help clear things up. If this chart means 19 multiplier and 250 bus speed is 4.7ghz that would explain why that doesnt' work. it shows your 2600mhz is multiplier 13x with 19x cpu multiplier and 200 bus speed so I'll try that after
m
l
April 10, 2011 9:51:24 PM

So I'm having no luck with this, anything I do makes the system SLOWER. I finally got around to posting pictures for everyone. I find it hard because there's so many guides online but the settings in my motherboard seem completely different from these. If you go to: http://s999.photobucket.com/albums/af118/edokid/OC it has all the pictures. Note on the right it shows what is available under each option, it doesn't show all though so like for CPU Frequency Multiplier it only shows the first few but goes up to 7000Mhz etc. Hoping someone can help with some settings, was hoping for 3.8Ghz+ as again I have the H60 watercooler.
m
l
April 11, 2011 5:51:33 AM

avadakedabra said:
So I'm having no luck with this, anything I do makes the system SLOWER. I finally got around to posting pictures for everyone. I find it hard because there's so many guides online but the settings in my motherboard seem completely different from these. If you go to: http://s999.photobucket.com/albums/af118/edokid/OC it has all the pictures. Note on the right it shows what is available under each option, it doesn't show all though so like for CPU Frequency Multiplier it only shows the first few but goes up to 7000Mhz etc. Hoping someone can help with some settings, was hoping for 3.8Ghz+ as again I have the H60 watercooler.

All the pics you posted look like your in the ram timing and OC area. Your OCing will be done in the CPU RAtio and voltage area. You should be adjusting settings in the Processor frequency area for your CPU over clock. The area that says CPU/NB FREQU is were you should be OCing your north bridge. Then you would be setting your voltage for your CPU in the area that says CPU over voltage, but if you could befor you do that post some pics of the side menu when your over the 2 areas that I pointed out above there might be a voltage control there. so based on the spread sheet you posted you should see a multiplier for your cpu in the 18x and 19x range. in that area there might be a setting to up the voltage on your CPU. Let me know if any of this makes any sense to you or if im way off but it does look like your in the mem over clocking area and not the CPU/NB area based on your pics.
m
l
April 11, 2011 1:50:33 PM

Just a bit confused, did you check all the screenshots? Just because the screen is broken into those sections, CPU Ratio and Voltage and Memory Timing and Voltage. Under CPU Ratio and Voltage then Processor Frequency Multiplier is where I can select like 19x to make it 3.8ghz and what not, so I'm sure this must be the right area? I've checked others nothing seems to be like this. There's one area NB and SB settings but they refer to memory and what not there.

See picture 9 of 12, you said CPU/NB Frequ is where I should be OCing the north bridge but that's what I don't get. See on the right, it shows options you can pick, it's 4.00x, 5.00x, 6.00x etc up to I think 18.00x.

You mention posting pictures that show the sub options when over them, but it's shown on the right in all pictures where it says "Options", it just cuts some off but gives an idea of whats there. I'm just confused because a lot of guides and what not online say VCORE Voltage, and CPU Voltage but I see nothing about VCORE Voltage anywhere. Then they show things like NB Frequency 2600mhz and what not but the only place I see NB is with CPU/NB Frequ and it's just multipliers in there...
m
l
April 11, 2011 3:37:42 PM

avadakedabra said:
Just a bit confused, did you check all the screenshots? Just because the screen is broken into those sections, CPU Ratio and Voltage and Memory Timing and Voltage. Under CPU Ratio and Voltage then Processor Frequency Multiplier is where I can select like 19x to make it 3.8ghz and what not, so I'm sure this must be the right area? I've checked others nothing seems to be like this. There's one area NB and SB settings but they refer to memory and what not there.

See picture 9 of 12, you said CPU/NB Frequ is where I should be OCing the north bridge but that's what I don't get. See on the right, it shows options you can pick, it's 4.00x, 5.00x, 6.00x etc up to I think 18.00x.

You mention posting pictures that show the sub options when over them, but it's shown on the right in all pictures where it says "Options", it just cuts some off but gives an idea of whats there. I'm just confused because a lot of guides and what not online say VCORE Voltage, and CPU Voltage but I see nothing about VCORE Voltage anywhere. Then they show things like NB Frequency 2600mhz and what not but the only place I see NB is with CPU/NB Frequ and it's just multipliers in there...

Have you tried searching for a OC guide based on your MOBO? I know looking at a guide for OCing a 955 here on toms that was done n a ASUS was confusing to me with my BIOSTAR lol. So i just had to read the manual (no help lol) and then smash keys untill I saw what I wanted lol .
m
l
April 11, 2011 4:14:00 PM

Lol yeah I've tried looking haven't really found much at all. I found some where people talk about settings but they refer to names of things that I don't even have on there. Just a pain to keep rebooting over and over to test things out. Just would be nice if I knew what to change. I know because it's the black edition the multiplier is unlocked, so that sort of confuses me. Like I know the CPU Frequency that's at 200Mhz right now can go up to 300Mhz, but upping that also ups the CPU speed. So I'm not sure what the benefit of the unlocked multiplier is, like it seems like it means you don't have to change every setting but I don't really know which I don't have to.

I guess the one big thing I'm confused with is the NB info. Like people keep saying use 2400Mhz, 2600Mz for NB etc, but I don't have any settings like that, I just have under NB 4.00x, 5.00x, 6.00x etc but I have no idea what those numbers refer to?
m
l
April 11, 2011 7:45:06 PM

avadakedabra said:
Lol yeah I've tried looking haven't really found much at all. I found some where people talk about settings but they refer to names of things that I don't even have on there. Just a pain to keep rebooting over and over to test things out. Just would be nice if I knew what to change. I know because it's the black edition the multiplier is unlocked, so that sort of confuses me. Like I know the CPU Frequency that's at 200Mhz right now can go up to 300Mhz, but upping that also ups the CPU speed. So I'm not sure what the benefit of the unlocked multiplier is, like it seems like it means you don't have to change every setting but I don't really know which I don't have to.

I guess the one big thing I'm confused with is the NB info. Like people keep saying use 2400Mhz, 2600Mz for NB etc, but I don't have any settings like that, I just have under NB 4.00x, 5.00x, 6.00x etc but I have no idea what those numbers refer to?

will it display what the stock setting is for the NB? For example if the stock setting is 4x try 6x see what happens? What voltage seting are you using for the CPU? Because I was getting mad at my OC as well untill I adjusted my NB and BAM all my benchmarks finaly went up.?? What are yu using to test your OC games benchmarks??? How do you know its slower?
m
l
April 11, 2011 8:18:37 PM

It doesn't show stock unfortunately so it's super confusing, using too high or too low usually causes BSOD. I've actually been using Cinebench and only because I don't really know what else to use. I like how it just gives a score for CPU. I had 3dMark and SiSoft Sandra but I find them confusing because I wanted to test CPU not really GPU I guess. A lot of guides show using tools once you reboot but they're more to test stability it finds and not performance. Do you have any recomendations on what I can use to test the settings to see when performance has actually improved?
m
l
April 11, 2011 9:17:39 PM

Finally some success! I put it to 3.8Ghz and the only thing I changed was RAM voltage, I put it one notch up from standard and I scored 4.37 on Cinebench which is way higher than before. On Stock I'd get around 3.7 as the score but any time I'd try to OC it would be like 3.2. Upping the notch one more here on the ram voltage and I just got 4.00 so little lower, so I guess it's a matter of tweaking now..
m
l
April 11, 2011 10:15:05 PM

avadakedabra said:
Finally some success! I put it to 3.8Ghz and the only thing I changed was RAM voltage, I put it one notch up from standard and I scored 4.37 on Cinebench which is way higher than before. On Stock I'd get around 3.7 as the score but any time I'd try to OC it would be like 3.2. Upping the notch one more here on the ram voltage and I just got 4.00 so little lower, so I guess it's a matter of tweaking now..

good stuff :) 
m
l
April 11, 2011 11:53:08 PM

It's getting really annoying though, like I tried a bunch of tweaks and got nothing better. So I go back to the settings i just said that gave me the huge improvement at 4.37 for the score, and now I get 3.14!!! Like same settings but way lower! Is there something better than Cinebench to use to test this each time?
m
l
April 12, 2011 12:25:43 AM

I think I may have found one of the issues, in my Radeon 6850 Catalyst Control centre thing, it has a setting for CPU Power and it's set to run from 800Mhz to 3200Mhz to conserve power. In my motherboard config utility thing it always shows it running at 800mhz unless it needs the 3200mhz. I thought maybe it was running lower in Cinebench or going up and down so I just changed that setting to always run at 3200mhz and re-ran cinebench and I got 4.45 this time, highest setting I've reached yet and that's with the above settings. Ran cinebench again and same settings. This is getting better, it shows a 2.8Ghz Core i7 860 scores 5.06 and I notice that processor is $300+ so getting there!
m
l
April 12, 2011 12:27:37 AM

avadakedabra said:
It's getting really annoying though, like I tried a bunch of tweaks and got nothing better. So I go back to the settings i just said that gave me the huge improvement at 4.37 for the score, and now I get 3.14!!! Like same settings but way lower! Is there something better than Cinebench to use to test this each time?

Well 2 things here. Benchmarks can give you different results every time. Now they shuldent vary that much so I would say try a real world test. For instance I like playing gamies so when I start messing around with OCing stuff I try to use built in game benchmarks and go by what FPS I can see. For another CPU benchmark download 3d Mark 11 and run the free benchmark. You will see 4 graphics tests one CPU test and one combined. At the end it will send you to a website and give you a score. For just your CPU you can scroll down and look at Physics score it basicly grades your CPU. My Phenom 965 OC the way I have it grades out at about 4700-4900 depending on the run. So I would say set everything back to normal run the 3D mark 11 test and get a baseline. Then start OC ing and write down your scores see what happens. Thats also a good benchmark if you ever get into OCing your GPU as well :) 
m
l
April 12, 2011 12:45:17 AM

I'll try that, I really just don't get this it's getting frustrating. When I figured out that CPU power thing I ran Cinebech twice, got 4.45. I rebooted played with other settings would get really low, so I put it back to what gave me 4.45 and now Cinebench is giving me 3.15!! Like it just gives random numbers it seems so I'll try that 3dMark to see how it works instead.
m
l
April 12, 2011 6:31:30 PM

avadakedabra said:
I'll try that, I really just don't get this it's getting frustrating. When I figured out that CPU power thing I ran Cinebech twice, got 4.45. I rebooted played with other settings would get really low, so I put it back to what gave me 4.45 and now Cinebench is giving me 3.15!! Like it just gives random numbers it seems so I'll try that 3dMark to see how it works instead.

ill try cinebench and see how its rates my OC and let you know lol
m
l
April 12, 2011 6:50:31 PM

Okay awesome thanks lol. I was using SANDRA and using the one test, finally figured out how to run it. It gives under Multimedia CPU test a Mpix/s score and ranks it. With that one my OC scored higher usually, but then running through cinebench it would still be lower lol.
m
l
April 13, 2011 3:33:54 AM

avadakedabra said:

ok so I ran cinebench lol Its a neat benchmark and it gave my OC a 4.63 rating. Right away I saw something that might be affecting your results. It runs in a windowed setup where games and most benchmarks run in fullscreen where there is less stuff going onb in the backgound. So wile this is running you still see the areo desktop and what not. I could be wrong but this could lead to a different score over multiple runs based on different things your PC is doing. Things like anti virus programs and things that are running in the background may have a greater affect in this windowed mode bench. Just like how you use more system resources playing a game in windowed mode VS full screen. If you feel like testing my theory you can download fusion from AMD's website and poke around in there you will see profiles there is a fusion profile for gaming that shuts down all background tasks that arnt required to run windows. You can shut all that stuff down and run the bench a few times and see what happens.

Also if you end up getting 3D Mark 11 let me know what it gives you for a CPU score.
m
l
April 13, 2011 3:42:34 PM

Awesome thanks for all your help I really appreciate it. I do have 3dmark I'll run it tonight again and see. I have the free one so it makes you run all 4 tests which take like 5 minutes or so, so it's just a pain when rebooting and tweaking settings to do it. I think Cinebench is just weird because yeah changing settings and using Sandra the rating does go up as expected where as Cinebench is more random!
m
l
April 13, 2011 4:45:00 PM

avadakedabra said:
Awesome thanks for all your help I really appreciate it. I do have 3dmark I'll run it tonight again and see. I have the free one so it makes you run all 4 tests which take like 5 minutes or so, so it's just a pain when rebooting and tweaking settings to do it. I think Cinebench is just weird because yeah changing settings and using Sandra the rating does go up as expected where as Cinebench is more random!

Yeah looks like the randomness (is that a word lol) is most likely coming from background tasks based on the bench not running in full screen mode :)  If you can get the physics part of 3D Mark 11 over 14.5-15 FPS at the end your OC is def working because stock it will only hit about 12 :) 
m
l
April 13, 2011 5:04:23 PM

Okay awesome I'll try! It is odd though because my system is pretty empty, like no antivirus or anything fresh install of windows 7 plus some games etc. I usually boot hte system and wait a few minutes before running it just to be sure also but i'll try 3dmark tonight and see what I get.
m
l
April 13, 2011 10:33:52 PM

Hmm so 3dMark said physics 16.29 but I don't remember it saying FPS, there were sections for FPS but higher up. Now I'll have to double check what it said and repost but it definitely said under CPU - Physics - 16.29
m
l
April 13, 2011 10:45:58 PM

what are you running 3D Mark 11? you will see a FPS counter at the bottom of the screen as the test is running. If you got 16 FPS your good to go. Now the Phisics score will be posted on the results page after you run the test. That should be posted in the middle of the results it will look something like this.

GPU SCORE: 4850
CPU SCORE: 4967 <<<<< physics score
COMBINED: 4867

What was your score for the whole benchmark when it was done? My system posted in my sig scores about 4800
m
l
April 13, 2011 11:03:53 PM

I have 3dMark Vantage it was free.. this is what it says:

Detailed scores
3DMark Score12357.06 3DMarks
Graphics Score12595.23
CPU Score11693.68
Jane Nash37.55 FPS
New Calico36.21 FPS
AI Test1586.52 operations/s
Physics Test16.29 operations/s
Texture FillN/A
Color FillN/A
Pixel ShaderN/A
Stream OutN/A
GPU ParticlesN/A
Perlin NoiseN/A
m
l
April 13, 2011 11:12:07 PM

Oh ok whats your GPU again? You can download 3D Mark 11 for free as well. You can still you that bench. Just run it one with stock settings and then again after you OC and see if that CPU score goes up. The reason I say use 3dMark 11 is it is for direct X 11 GPUs and incorporates tessellation. So it will give you a score for your system based on the current games. :) 
m
l
      • 1 / 2
      • Newest
!