Sign in with
Your question

Looking for Input, Rebuild

Last response: in CPUs
August 29, 2009 12:28:27 AM

So I'm looking to rebuild, as it seems my motherboard has gone bad giving me an excuss...

Anyway, I'm going to carry over my optical drives for now, as well as my HDD (WD 1 TB), and graphics card (GeForce 7600 GT - don't ever have time to play games anyway)... I'm mostly using the computer for video encoding (mostly TV AVI to DVD), photo editing and basic use.

I'm leaning towards the Q9550 as the CPU (currently have a P4, 3.4 GHz, 560 HT sounds familiar - got it in 2004 I think) with an Artic Cooling Heatsink, figuring I need to also upgrade mobo, RAM (although I just got 2x2GB of G.Skill DDR2 800 as a gift) and power ?(currently have a 400W)...

I can figure my way around putting the parts together once I've got them, as for picking them out and knowing what will go best with what, I would consider myself a complete noob (if not boob), so all suggestions/input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

More about : input rebuild

August 29, 2009 12:30:30 AM

I suppose the other option is to replace the current motherboard and wait out the i5's...

I had an MSI P35 Geo, sockett 775 anyone know a similar board that would work my current setup?
m
l
!