Help with 12 monitors

Is it possible to build a computer that can run 12 monitors for under $1500, graphic cards included. monitors not included.

computers running 12 monitors cost #3000+, out of my range at the moment.

the computer will be running an online poker program and a large postgreSQL database.

If someone could help me choose a motherboard and graphic cards that would be awesome.

Thanks

optius
13 answers Last reply
More about help monitors
  1. well, its close to 1500, though, idk how well it would work with the database

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=10800192
  2. Mindless' is pretty good, I don't think you can do better. Just noticed, that's the best you can do I think lol. :
  3. Mindless's build is good but I doubt it can support up to 12 monitors, I'm pretty sure I've seen a company called Matrox, that does graphic cards for multi monitor setups. You might want to check that out.
  4. idk, each of those cards does have 4 dvi ports, so, i was assuming that each one could display onto four monitors (if they limited it, what would the point of 4 dvi out be)
  5. wow thanks

looks really good

you have doubts about it being able to handle a large database, what would I need to do to beef it up a bit.
  6. idk, it depends on how large, and i was thinking that if it was "large" that a single hdd might not be fast enough, but idk
  7. Maybe add another HD, and a better CPU. Also, plan on OC that motherfuc*** as much as possible, if you want to get good results.
  8. Thanks all
    will let you know how it runs when I got it built

optius
  9. Oh yeah you will have to disable crossfire for you to be able to use more than two of those ports, well 10 of them because CF only supports 4 GPU's and the cards won't be connected to each other.
  10. btw, im a little jealous that someone is going to have 12 monitors
  11. ^ at once, yeah, but if it was 12 30" monitors............
  12. oooooh, though im stoked that i am finally getting a new monitor
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236059
  13. optius said:
    Is it possible to build a computer that can run 12 monitors for under $1500, graphic cards included. monitors not included.

computers running 12 monitors cost #3000+, out of my range at the moment.

the computer will be running an online poker program and a large postgreSQL database.

If someone could help me choose a motherboard and graphic cards that would be awesome.

Thanks

optius

Whatever you do, run your SQL software and your poker program on two seperate pc's and if you're going to host it you may consider a raid for you sql setup. :sarcastic:
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Computer Monitors Systems Product