Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Move disk space from C drive to D drive

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
October 29, 2011 9:08:10 PM

Hey folks,

I have nearly maxed out the 65 gigs on my d drive with music files, and my c drive only contains program files and has 52 free gigs on it.

I would like to reallocate some disk space from the c drive to the d drive to make room for more music.

I am thinking of using something like Acronis 11, (or a freeware program similar to Acronis) to achieve this, but that will requiring backing up everything which seems a little tedious.

Anyone have any ideas, or suggestions on the best way to proceed?

Any suggestions on a freeware version of something like Acronis?

Best solution

October 29, 2011 10:15:49 PM
Share

thomasj_w said:
Hey folks,

I have nearly maxed out the 65 gigs on my d drive with music files, and my c drive only contains program files and has 52 free gigs on it.

I would like to reallocate some disk space from the c drive to the d drive to make room for more music.

I am thinking of using something like Acronis 11, (or a freeware program similar to Acronis) to achieve this, but that will requiring backing up everything which seems a little tedious.

Anyone have any ideas, or suggestions on the best way to proceed?

Any suggestions on a freeware version of something like Acronis?


Are you talking two separate physical drives, or is D: a partition on your C Drive ? If it is a partition on your C: Drive, you can resize it with software like Easeus.
October 29, 2011 11:59:54 PM

I have an Asus pc 1000ha netbook with 160gb hdd. I'm assuming it's partitioned and not two separate drives since it's a tiny little netbook. How can I know for sure?

I'm checking out easeus backup utility and partition manager utility now.

Related resources
October 30, 2011 4:03:05 AM

thomasj_w said:
I have an Asus pc 1000ha netbook with 160gb hdd. I'm assuming it's partitioned and not two separate drives since it's a tiny little netbook. How can I know for sure?

I'm checking out easeus backup utility and partition manager utility now.



Easeus utility will show you disk1, disk2, disk3 etc, and any partitions on each device, including USB's plugged in if you have any. The netbook most likely has one drive, partitioned.
October 30, 2011 4:46:19 AM

Thanks for the tips ksiemb.

I downloaded and ran EaseUS ToDo backup utility before resizing. After the backup I downloaded EaseUs partition manager and it was very simple and worked like a charm. I reduced the size of my C drive and reallocated the space to my D drive.

The only problem I noticed afterword was firefox would not respond when I opened it. A quick uninstall then reinstall and I'm in business.

EaseUS works great, and it being free makes it even better!

Thanks again ksiemb.
October 30, 2011 5:14:09 AM

thomasj_w said:
Thanks for the tips ksiemb.

I downloaded and ran EaseUS ToDo backup utility before resizing. After the backup I downloaded EaseUs partition manager and it was very simple and worked like a charm. I reduced the size of my C drive and reallocated the space to my D drive.

The only problem I noticed afterword was firefox would not respond when I opened it. A quick uninstall then reinstall and I'm in business.

EaseUS works great, and it being free makes it even better!

Thanks again ksiemb.



Glad I could help you out. And yes, Easeus is a great & easy to use APP !
October 30, 2011 2:30:47 PM

Best answer selected by thomasj_w.
!