Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Only 1 of 3 case fans running on rosewill challenger

Last response: in Overclocking
April 7, 2011 5:18:28 PM

Hi,

I have a rosewill challenger case, a seasonic 650w x-series psu, and an Asus P8P67-M Pro motherboard. Not overclocking right now and CPU temperature is showing at 25 degrees Celsius. My concern is that only 1 of the three case fans is running -- the rear one which is connected to the motherboard via a 3 pin connector to the PWR_FAN.

The other fans are on the top and the front and neither are running. These have molex connectors and I daisy-chained them together and then used a supplied y-adapter (1 molex to (2) 4-pin connectors) to connect the daisy-chained fans to the motherboard to CHA_FAN1 and CHA_FAN2. But neither fan runs. Do they not run because they're not cabled properly or because the temperature in the case is low enough where they don't need to run?

Should I not use the y-adapter, not daisy-chain the fans together, and simply purchase and use molex to 4-pin (or 3-pin) adapters? If the latter, where to buy these cheap?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. (cross-posted to Power Supplies, Cases, and Mods)

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
April 7, 2011 6:51:09 PM

Your MOBO jumper can only support one fan at a time it seems.....so don't chained them hook one to CHA_1 and The other to CHA_2
April 7, 2011 7:03:41 PM

Best answer selected by Alduron.
!