Sign in with
Your question

Tacens Gelus

Last response: in Overclocking
April 7, 2011 7:47:57 PM

Hi can someone tell me the differences betwen TACENS GELUS PRO III and TACENS GELUS PRO III+
That + mark i don´t know if it gives a better performance different fan cooler, different heatsink, what it´s all bout? i have been searching in the Tacens web but they do not explai such differences, but the prices it is, GELUS PRO III = 27,20€ & GELUS PRO III+ = 41,60€, there must be a big deal about it.
And by the way recommendations for this cooler for a Phenom 2 955 3.2mh CPU?

More about : tacens gelus

April 9, 2011 9:21:50 PM

Cool about 60 reads and no answer! that´s a lot more that what i was expecting
Related resources
April 10, 2011 2:25:41 PM

mk-ultra said:
I would recommend the Spire TherMax Eclipse II, its number one in Frosty Techs List of top 5 CPU'S. I have it and it keeps my CPU at a frosty 14 Celsius. Its around the same price, and has great reviews

oh 14º C ? that´s too much , where do you live? is it coold in there? and what CPU do you have? well it looks nice that cooler but i don´t know the trademark, is it any good?
what about mounting in a Am2+ motherboard? do i have to unmount the whole motherboard for installation?
By the way thanks for your reply, at least someone who cares.
April 10, 2011 5:44:53 PM

thecpu said:
oh 14º C ? that´s too much , where do you live? is it coold in there? and what CPU do you have? well it looks nice that cooler but i don´t know the trademark, is it any good?
what about mounting in a Am2+ motherboard? do i have to unmount the whole motherboard for installation?
By the way thanks for your reply, at least someone who cares.

Yes your going to have to unmount the whole Motherboard, its kinda tricky to install it but if you need any help you can always pm me. 14C is too high? That actually a extremly cool CPU. I have my computer in the basement as of now (the temp of the room itself is around 70F). I own the cooler, if you go to the reviews they are all great, I havn't heard of the trademark either but it is very high quality. I own a AMD Athlon II X4 640 overclocked to 3.3GHz and still running at 14C.
April 11, 2011 12:50:15 AM

Well sorry i meant it´s so cool! it´s a quite good temp.
Well tht CpU seems cooler than a Phenom 2 x4 3.2Ghz, i am actually having temps around 45 Idle and 56 full load with stock cooler, the problem is that noise when high Rpm (4000 and above) i will need to check compatibility for my Mobo, Gygabyte GA-MA790FX-DS5 and my Case , a NOX coolbay, i´m not sure if it will fit there.
Another problem is to find out a manufacturer for Spain, it seems there is no good distribution around here.
Any other option? Thanks
April 11, 2011 4:52:53 PM

It is the older version. It is not the same, where are you ordering from (country)
April 11, 2011 6:15:42 PM

well i intend ordering from Spain, the page you gave me "Frostytech" let me order but it´s very expensive the Shipping cost, about the same as the total cost os the CPU cooler, so it´s not a deal to pay about 100$ for the cooler.
I´ve been searching but there is no place here in Spain to find out that cooler.
I sent an e-mail to dome distributors in Spain, but i´m not sure if they will have it, so bad i would like to test it.
April 11, 2011 7:34:36 PM

I will search for a respectable website in spain that sells the heatsink. i will get back to you as soon as possible.
April 13, 2011 12:20:39 AM

I was unable to fin any site that sold to Spain for cheap. Just pick one of the top 5 from the website i showed you and you'll be set.
April 13, 2011 10:16:21 AM

mk-ultra said:
I was unable to fin any site that sold to Spain for cheap. Just pick one of the top 5 from the website i showed you and you'll be set.

Althought very thanks for worry about it, i have been looking for one nice cooler like that, but i found another problem, is that my case doesn´t fit that kind of coolers.
I mean the height, tall coolers are big enought that don´t let my case get closed. I have a Nox coolbay, thinking about getting a bigger one, after that i will have many other choices about coolers.
Thanks!
April 13, 2011 5:06:25 PM

Oh, okay. Well thats good i guess, What is your budget for a new case?
April 14, 2011 12:46:20 AM

I would not use that case, it is good but if your going to get a good tower give me your budget I will reccomend you one and give you reviews.
April 14, 2011 1:01:11 AM

mk-ultra said:
I would not use that case, it is good but if your going to get a good tower give me your budget I will reccomend you one and give you reviews.

well i don´t want to spend much, about 70€ or something alike, i like to have side window if possible and of course bigger than my one but not too big, just enought to fit the cooler and the PSU at the bottom.
Thanks in advance
April 14, 2011 1:23:26 AM

Just get a Haf 922, and one of the heatsinks on the top 5 heatsinks at frostytech (the link i gave you). After that you should be set to rock the gaming world.
April 15, 2011 10:46:49 PM

Quote:
meh, id go with whatever fits your build and is cheapest so i can spend more money on actual components then a metal box... but yeah look at the difference in price and see if you want to pay the difference for the extra features or not :p 

The case is acctually a verry important part of your build. Without proper airflow you will have bad temps, and your computer items will die faster.
April 16, 2011 1:04:33 PM

The 912 should be sufficient for your needs. Have you picked out a affordable heatsink?
April 16, 2011 7:17:23 PM

well thanks for all the replies, i´ve been looking for a german trader that can sell me the Thermax Eclipse II for about 70€ is that much for this heatsink?
Another option is to pick the Thermaltake Frio, or the new Frio OCK, (take a look)
The frio is about 53€ and the Frio OCK is about 60€ what do you think?
and about the case, i´ve bee looking for some Antec, and the Haf 922 seems cool, i have to check it out before taking a decision, may the heat sinks will fit on my case removing the side fan (for sure it fit).
What do you say, ah by the way i´m posting some pictures from my actual PC tell me what do you think.

With the old CPU and Fan (Athlon x2 5000+)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The new Phenom 2 x4 955 3.2Ghz, too hot?

April 16, 2011 7:20:36 PM

That plastic tube is for testing purposes only
April 16, 2011 10:58:22 PM

70€ is a lot for the Spire II. I would go with the Thermaltake Frio I have not heard of the OCK version of it, while it does look cooler I'm not exactly sure of its performance. Your set up looks a bit messy, here is a video to tidying up those cables http://www.corsair.com/blog/ncix_600t_build_guide/ . I think it should be able to fit in your case if you took one of those fans on the side off.
April 18, 2011 1:17:45 AM

Quote:
70€ is a lot for the Spire II...

Awesome the video, but..i haven´t that case :-( so the fact is that ordering cables in the Nox coolbay is a difficult task, there is no way to hide those cables behind because there are no holes that reach the entire motherboard.
Anyway, do you think is expensive the Spire Themax? well if you don´t bother telling me how much did you paid for the heatsink, and from where?
Thanks
April 18, 2011 1:43:41 AM

I paid 60 US dollars from amazon. Amazon doesn't sell it anymore, frostytech does and its for 54 US dollars. So i would go for one of the top 5 heatsinks from the link, anything from there should be good (as long as its not over 80 dollars). How much can you spend on a new case? How much can you spend on a new heatsink?
April 18, 2011 9:52:45 AM

Yeah it seems that´s the price, the problem matters when talking about shipping cost, shipping to my country is as expensive as the cooler itself, so there is no deal with that, here in my city i can find the Frio and the Frio OCK, i don´t know if it will perform as well, i´ve seen all the reviews and i really liked the Spìre, the copper ends and the overall, and about the Thermaltake Frio OCK it seems quite good also, just seeing some test and is pretty nice, (size matters also, it´s a little bigger that the stock Frio)
Well about how much i can spend, actually not very much since i´m building another computer with the rest of the old one, i mean, i´ve recently changed the video card, the CpU, the Ram, so i´m planning to change the Motherboard the case and so on, but step by step, the most important now is the Cooler, because we are entering Summer and it´s going to get really hot in here.
So resuming, i can spend about 60, 70€ on the case, and about the same (50, 60€) for the heatsink and cooler.
If necesary thinking in future upgrades i could spend a little bit more, but if i do i will like it to last longer at least.
P.S:o h looking at the question about the Tacens now it seems i changed my mind about it ah?
April 18, 2011 1:28:45 PM

I would go with the Frio OCK or Frio, both are very good coolers as well, you just can't go wrong with either. For the case i would recommend Antec Three Hundred Illusion its about as good as it gets at 70 dollars. Has 2 intake fans 1 rear exhaust and 1 top fan. And it looks pretty good. I hope that I have helped you with your computer build.
April 18, 2011 2:20:44 PM

mk-ultra said:
I would go with the Frio OCK or Frio, both are very good coolers as well, you just can't go wrong with either. For the case i would recommend Antec Three Hundred Illusion its about as good as it gets at 70 dollars. Has 2 intake fans 1 rear exhaust and 1 top fan. And it looks pretty good. I hope that I have helped you with your computer build.

Sure about that!
I´ve got many ideas since your help, Thanks!
I have been talking with a dealer here in my city, he told me that maybe they bring the Thermax Eclipse 2, but not for sure just he need to confirm with the manufacturer.
April 18, 2011 2:47:37 PM

Oh okay, if its that difficult to get the Spire, just go for the Frio. And I'm glad to hear that I did help!
April 19, 2011 3:44:13 AM

Hi again, i´ve been searching also for some cases, give me your opinion about them

First about 67€ http://www.nox-xtreme.com/products_uk.php?cat=1&type=0&...

About 80€ http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?C=1325&ID=19...

About 64€ http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?C=1465&ID=20...

I think any of those could perform well and the good deal is that i can put cables behind hidden and the PSU goes down what it sounds pretty cool i think.
I can afford such prices.
April 22, 2011 2:02:27 PM

Well i think i can answer the original question myself!
The differences betwen Tacens Gelus Pro III and Gelus Pro III+ is just the Socket compatibility. So the Gelus III+ ads compatibility with intel i3 and i5, other than that there is no difference in performance, but the price is higher for the III+.
So if you don´t have any of those CPU just get the Gelus Pro III.
(how nice that it seems i can answer myself)
Thanks theCpu for your patience (sarcasm)
April 22, 2011 2:12:45 PM

mk-ultra said:
Go with the http://www.thermaltakeusa.com/Product.aspx?C=1325&ID=19... one of the front fans is optionnal though. Out of them that one is the best.

Hi, i´ve managged to take some cables out and behind my actual case, it seems much free space betwen components, so i think i can wait a little bit more before i buy the case.
And about the cooler, i checked the Tacens and it seems cool in performance and silence , realy surprising. i will like you to chek it out, it´s not a know company i know, but they are working hard to get a place into the top quality/price products.
Give me an opinion please:( use translator)

http://www.hardwareanalisis.es/e107_plugins/content/con...
http://www.tacens.com/gelusproiii.php
April 22, 2011 2:29:18 PM

mk-ultra are you from US? i wish i could find a good price for the thermax eclipse really, the only one who sell it is from german, it seems here in Europe the prices are a little bit higher that in US, so bad that there are no business here.
April 22, 2011 3:18:47 PM

I am from the US, i am not familier with the 2 heatsinks you've shown me. Do they not sell the Frio either there?
April 22, 2011 10:12:21 PM

Yeah the do sell th e frio and the frio OCK the problem is that in some reviews that talk they are high noise coolers, the frio works great but it´s noisy.
by the way, how much could cost to send that kind of items(Spire Thermax) fom a particular person from US to Spain?
Thanks, i think i am with many doubts lol
April 23, 2011 2:38:39 PM

If your asking me to send it, i'm not entirely sure how much shipping would be. I'll have a look and tell you. The Spire Thermax, is quite a noisy heatsink as well though.
!