Sign in with
Your question

Replaced motherboard, now os doesnt recognize dvd.

Last response: in Storage
January 25, 2011 7:02:52 PM

Hello,
replaced motherboard on my acer aspire laptop running vista sp2, now the dvd is not in device manager or my computer, it worked before and still powers on, ejects and spins. ive tried multiple fixes, removing upper and lower filters, etc. im at my wits end. any thoughts?
a c 653 V Motherboard
a c 157 G Storage
January 25, 2011 9:58:09 PM

try resetting the jumpers on the motherboard!
January 25, 2011 10:45:01 PM

TBRANT69 said:
Hello,
replaced motherboard on my acer aspire laptop running vista sp2, now the dvd is not in device manager or my computer, it worked before and still powers on, ejects and spins. ive tried multiple fixes, removing upper and lower filters, etc. im at my wits end. any thoughts?

thanks area51, ill try anything, how would i do the jumper reset?
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
a b G Storage
January 25, 2011 10:47:17 PM

perhaps reseat the dvd drive, reset cmos and update chipset drivers

what was wrong with your previous motherboard/laptop?
a b V Motherboard
a b G Storage
January 25, 2011 11:01:26 PM

Does the Drive appear in the BIOS? If it doesn’t then you have a hardware problem. If it does then it is a problem with Windows. Reply with the answer so that I can help you further.
January 25, 2011 11:55:22 PM

apache, i have reseated drive several times, the motherboard had broken lcd connector. how would i reset cmos and update chipset drivers?
Pjmelect, the drive does not show up in bios.
a b V Motherboard
a b G Storage
January 26, 2011 12:32:35 AM

If the drive does not show up in the BIOS you have a hardware problem. The fault is either with the motherboard or the drive its self. As the hard drive is recognised then I would suggest that it is the drive its self that is faulty or incorrectly connected.
!