Sign in with
Your question

Cpu cooler

Last response: in CPUs
August 29, 2009 5:28:05 PM

i currently use a intel e5200, and im looking for a new cpu cooler. I need a silent one for under 25 dollars, with easy installation. size doesnt really matter, as long as its not one of the hugest ones

More about : cpu cooler

Related resources
a b à CPUs
a b å Intel
August 29, 2009 7:47:23 PM

The idea is that a backplate will provide a much more solid attachment point for the heatsink and let it apply more pressure to the CPU, which will improve the thermal conductivity.

That being said, I have no idea how much improvement you could expect. And you'll still have the small, high speed, noisy fan.
August 29, 2009 8:31:21 PM

yeah, thats not gonna work for me. oh yeah one that you dont need to take off the mobo would be a nice bonus, but its not necessary
August 29, 2009 9:14:03 PM

I have friend who is builder and this is what he says to his clients: " We can do it quality, we can do it fast and we can do it cheap. Choose any two of those."

Point being here : You cannot ask for everythinghing. In your case performance, noise and price.

You do not state if you want to OC, if You don't then stock cooler probably will do job just fine, If You want quiter You might look at Noctua HSF's.
August 29, 2009 9:22:42 PM

ainarssems said:
I have friend who is builder and this is what he says to his clients: " We can do it quality, we can do it fast and we can do it cheap. Choose any two of those."

Point being here : You cannot ask for everythinghing. In your case performance, noise and price.

You do not state if you want to OC, if You don't then stock cooler probably will do job just fine, If You want quiter You might look at Noctua HSF's.

mainly tis the price and sound i care about, as long as its a significant decrease its alright. so am i still asking for too much?
August 29, 2009 9:26:53 PM

Hi, dude listen go on ebay and buy an intel quad core extreme stock heatsink, they are like 10$ and have a copper base. They are also heavier and louder compared to regular intel dual and quadcore stock coolers. Gl

Notice my emphasis on quadcore extreme, not just quadcore
August 29, 2009 10:00:20 PM

freezed1 said:
Hi, dude listen go on ebay and buy an intel quad core extreme stock heatsink, they are like 10$ and have a copper base. They are also heavier and louder compared to regular intel dual and quadcore stock coolers. Gl

Notice my emphasis on quadcore extreme, not just quadcore

He needs quiter not louder
August 29, 2009 10:53:59 PM

To me it sound like you want a silent cooler with only slightly higher cooling capabilities: I don't live in america but i would reccomend you to buy a cheap
top down cooler from Arctic cooling f.e Arctic-Cooling CPU-Kühler Alpine 7 Pro/Arctic-Cooling CPU-Kühler Alpine 7 GT(the cheaper). As far as I know the arctic cooling fans are really quiet.

Xigmatek HDT-S963 Heatpipe Cooler would also be a good solution (cooling much better but using more space,money and producing more sound (still quiet))
August 30, 2009 12:22:12 AM

keviny47 said:
i currently use a intel e5200, and im looking for a new cpu cooler. I need a silent one for under 25 dollars, with easy installation. size doesnt really matter, as long as its not one of the hugest ones

...And I want a Ferrari, but I've only got $25...

The damned FANS on my HSF cost more than $25. But they are quieter than my drives, and my CPU stays cool... Money well spent from my point of view.
!