Sign in with
Your question

MSI AFTERBURNER UNLOCK????

Last response: in Overclocking
a b U Graphics card
April 8, 2011 1:33:53 AM

I want to unlock the sliders on MSI Afterburner. I know I have to change the config file the problem is when I open it up and change it and then try to save the changed file it says access denied can somebody help me with this???

More about : msi afterburner unlock

Anonymous
April 8, 2011 1:57:12 AM

What brand 6950 do you have?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 8, 2011 4:09:25 PM

Anonymous said:
What brand 6950 do you have?

Msi Twin Frozer 6950 lol
m
l
Related resources
a c 125 U Graphics card
a c 100 K Overclocking
April 8, 2011 5:22:08 PM

Make sure Afterburner is closed when you do it. If it's open then the file can't be modified.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 8, 2011 6:08:42 PM

wolfram23 said:
Make sure Afterburner is closed when you do it. If it's open then the file can't be modified.

Yeah closed shut off killed lol. It just says access denied when I try to save. It seems crazy because nomaly you click save and it just saves. But after I edit the file it says save or done save, I click save and it brings up the save as screen. When I click save it says there is allready a file with that name I click replace. Then thats were I get the access denied screen. The reason I want to unlock it is I maxed out the sliders and in the Metro 2033 benchmark tool I get something like a .05 FPS improvement lol.
m
l
a c 125 U Graphics card
a c 100 K Overclocking
April 8, 2011 7:10:39 PM

Well double check the file properties then, might have write protection enabled.

Otherwise try save as, then delete the original, and then rename your file with the original's name.
m
l
April 8, 2011 8:39:46 PM

If Wolfram's idea fails I'd try rebooting windows in safe mode then changing the file. It should prevent anything gettign its hooks into the file.
m
l
!