Sign in with
Your question

Need a USB Enclosurer for 2.5 1TB SATA drive?

Last response: in Storage
January 25, 2011 9:12:23 PM

Bought a used 2.5 SATA 1TB hard drive. It came out of a Seagate Goflex USB portable HD.

http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/products/external/exte...

I want to buy a USB enclosure for that. The drive is a bit thicker than your normal 2.5 drives. So most on ebay a will not fit and are made for drive 500GB or less. Tried contacting Seagate, no luck. Can someone recommend an enclosure that will fit this drive?

Thanx
January 25, 2011 9:14:47 PM

Note: Need one that can power the drive through the USB.
m
l
a b G Storage
January 26, 2011 5:43:37 PM

Newegg has about 75 listed but in a quick search I didn't find any that specifically said they would work with 12mm drives. You can search all of their listings, maybe call them and ask. If you have a frys or microcenter nearby you could go to look at them in person.

I would think if you searched ebay carefully you could find one that would fit, but it might take a lot of searching. I know that some manufacturers do make them for their own products that have higher capacity drives in them.
m
l
January 26, 2011 8:01:37 PM

Yeah I looked all over ebay. Most, if not all say max 500GB. And looking at the picture the enclosures are too small. I think the best solution would be to take it to the local Microcenter.
m
l
Related resources
!