Antec P182 vs Silverstone KL-02B

Lao

Distinguished
May 25, 2009
Hello all!

I'm planning to buy a new case and just want to know what u think about these 2. Antec P182 and Silverstone KL-02B.

My system is not a high-end one (Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R, Intel Core 2 Duo E6750, 2666 MHz (8 x 333), Corsair Dominator CM2X2048-8500C5D, Gigabyte GV-R485MC-1GH (Ati Radeon 4850 with passive cooling) plus 2 HDDs and 1 DVD writer).

Which one should I buy?

Tx for ur help.

Laszlo Gocsei

Lao

Distinguished
May 25, 2009
My current case is a MLINK A-2767-4. What's wrong with it? Noisy, too much plastic and not as cool as I want it to be.
(Tbh when i bought my Pc i had to save some money and I made it with the case)

On the other hand Antec 300 is not my style.

Lao

Distinguished
May 25, 2009
Yeah, when it comes to look i like Antec much more, but i fear that the cooling potential won't be enough for my passive 4850... bcoz of the "closed" front.

kubes

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2008
I can comment on the Antec 182p since I own one but not the other.

Pros:
** The cooling isn't bad. The antec 900 and 1200 are better choices for raw cooling power but the antec 182p can keep a pretty solid rig fairly cool. The front intake fan(s) isn't as blocked as it may look.
**The seperated compartments for psu/motherboard and the ability to hide cords behind the motherboard tray. This truely does make a huge difference in a case if you keep your cables clean (i'm a neat freak sorry).
**This case also does a nice job of damping the sound from fan's and hard drives by using the various speed option fans and rubber screw washers.
**The Case has a very attractive and proffessional look and feel (no led's so good for offices or bedrooms).
**Not a single sharp edge (for those of you who have bled like me on sharp edged cases you know what i mean).
**Has water cooling option

Cons:
**Cooling isn't as good as the 900 or 1200 but on the same fact isn't too bad.
**Lower case fan needs to be removed for some rigs depending on your psu size.
**If you have a 10.5" vidoe card the top hard drive cage might get in the way, or be a tight fit meaning you'll most likely need to install your hard drives in the lower bay.

Final Thoughts:
For the price this is pretty nice case and i'd rate it as one of the better cases i've owned. Ussualy is with a combo deal for an Antec PSU which is nice.

Lao

Distinguished
May 25, 2009
Thanks for sharing your experiences Kubes ;) I very appreciate your comment. If someone who owns a KL-02B wright some Pros/Cons like Kubes i would be very happy.