Dell Latitude keyboard problem

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
April 8, 2004 3:31:12 PM

I have a Dell Latitude D600. When I use it with a docking station,
with an external keyboard plugged in, it works fine. But when I use it
undocked, the laptop's own keyboard does not respond at all - can't do
ctrl-alt-del, can't press function keys, nothing. It used to work OK.
Anyone seen this problem before? Thanks.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
April 9, 2004 4:23:33 AM

In article <d4495c56.0404081031.415e83b0@posting.google.com>,
garycassidy@hotmail.com says...
> I have a Dell Latitude D600. When I use it with a docking station,
> with an external keyboard plugged in, it works fine. But when I use it
> undocked, the laptop's own keyboard does not respond at all - can't do
> ctrl-alt-del, can't press function keys, nothing. It used to work OK.
> Anyone seen this problem before? Thanks.

Does it work on boot-up, access BIOS, etc?
If so maybe look at device manager and hardware profiles.
External keyboard set as "exists in this profile only"?
!