GBorrelli

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
I got up this morning and brought my comp out of standby, shortly after while browsing the internet it froze. I tapped the reset button. The monitor went black, but nothing happened after that. So I reset the CMOS and tried again, nothing. I tried booting with just the CPU, CPU/RAM, CPU/RAM/video card and every configuration possible. Every attempt has yielded the same results as the first reboot, no beeps and no boot. All the fans come on, the optical drives LED blinks some, however there are no POST or trouble code beeps and the PC does not POST.

I decided to take the CPU out and re-seat it as I've had this issue before and that solved it. However this time there appears to be 'burn' mark on the IHS and a matching burn on the heatsink base. I was running my CPU at a mild OC of 2.15Ghz with a Thermalright Ultra-120 heatsink and 120mm fan on it. I run Realtemp all the time and I've never seen temps above 55C under load. I'll see if I can't get a pic of the burn mark up. Anyways, I put it back together again and it did the same thing, no beeps/no boot.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300
Mobo: Asus P5N32-SLI Deluxe
Memory: 2gb Corsair XMS2 800mhz
HDD: Seagate 320gb

I'm def. thinking it's the CPU, but I was hoping maybe someone could save me about $100.

GBorrelli

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2009
Here's the best two pictures I could get of the 'burn'mark on my CPU.
IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

Oh yeah the mobo is an Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe.