wisher75

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
i'm running an h70 with I7 930 running completely stock speeds atm due to temp concerns. The room temp is about 75F and have a cooler master 6900 adv. with every fan slot filled and some that i even zipped tied in there, (yes i know it might be trashy or "not clean" by some standards but i like it cool : ) Oh and I applied Arctic Silver 5 paste like a day or so ago. Regardless, the cpu temp is running like 35C on stock settings and running the h70 as intake. The temp after I applied the paste was ~29.95C. I attempted a 3.8ghz overclock today but my memory is garbo so that failed terribly. However, why would my cpu be running higher at idle now and why so high? Please help me I'm confused.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
The H** series from Corsair normally keep Idle temp's a little higher than most coolers.

All you should be worried about is load temps, a CPU using a H50-60-70 will be hotter at idle than a good air cooler, but should be about the same, a little higher/lower than some of the best air coolers during 100% load.

For comparison, my H50 keeps my CPU idling at 38C most of the time, and a maximum load temperature of 59C, well below any kind of damage threshold.

TRENDING THREADS