Antec Cyclone Blower Case Fan( where to put on system)

bestplayer

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
I want to get the following fan as i hear the card i am getting can get quite hot. I was unsure where exactly to put this question so i figured here would be best. Anyways, my main question is where on my system could i put this. It says it fits any expansion slot, but i don't even know where that would be on my system.

If you need pictures of the system, here is the link:
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/computer_can_series.do?storeName=computer_store&category=desktops&a1=Category&v1=Everyday+computing&series_name=p6700z_series&jumpid=in_R329_prodexp/hhoslp/psg/desktops/Everyday_computing/p6700z_series

Please help because i think that getting this is quite important to keeping system safe.

wisher75

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
they are the little trays you have on the back of your computer where you plug into your monitor. How many to u have available? I do have this blower and it does help cool the case well but not really the card itself.

bestplayer

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2011
So are you saying i would have to take out the plug in for the monitor in order to install this. As for how many i have available, i do not know because i don't have the computer yet, witch is why i included the link.

Thanks for explaining, but still confused?

dokk2

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007

Expansion slot ,, Empty pci plugins below cpu at back of mobo for attaching other cards like audio etc..
You should wait until you get your hands on your new toy before you order anything extra as it clearly says in the linked page this is not a high end system not at $299.00, my video card cost more than that..
BTW ,,,What fan.:)

Not exactly...
There is a row of expansion slots in the back of your system. Assuming you're talking about getting a new video card, that will go in one of those slots. The Antec blower will go in an adjacent slot.
Now...you say the card you're getting runs hot; that implies a powerful card. Are you aware you will also have to replace your PSU? The power supply in that HP will certainly be adequate for the system as delivered, but is unlikely to support a significant graphics card upgrade. What card will you be getting?