Cant get printer or camera to work

eelott

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2011
Hello,whenever i download my printer and camera, i keep getting a code 39 error and they show on my device manager with the exclamation point. have uninstalled and reinstalled on numerous times. need help.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
There are several causes of Code 39 errors:

A required device driver is missing.
A required binary file is corrupted.
There is a problem with the file I/O process.
A driver that is referencing an entry point in another binary file is unable to load.

Recommended resolution

Reinstall the drivers for this device.

Uninstall and reinstall the driver

Uninstall the driver from Device Manager, and then scan for new hardware to install the driver again.

You may be prompted to provide the path of the driver. Windows may have the driver built-in, or may still have the driver files installed from the last time that you set up the device. However, sometimes, it will open the New Hardware Wizard which may ask for the driver. If you are asked for the driver and you do not have it, you can try to download the latest driver from the hardware vendor’s Web site.

On the device Properties dialog box, click the Driver tab, and then click Uninstall. Follow the instructions.
Restart your computer.
Open Device Manager, click Action, and then click Scan for hardware changes. Follow the instructions.