USB Audio Microphone Live Monitoring

chinagreenelvis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2007
I have a Compaq Presario C700 laptop computer with a Connexant sound card. From everything I've found online, the Connexant sound cards to not allow live microphone input monitoring (hearing what you're recording as you record it) and I have found no solutions to the problem (such as driver tweaks or registry fixes.)

What I'm looking for now is a USB audio solution for my problem. Does anyone know of any USB audio adapters that allow live input monitoring when a built-in sound card does not?

MikeJRamsey

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2009
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/board/message?board.id=Sound&message.id=564

"Re: Internal recording in G60 laptop w/ Conexant SmartAudio 221

Dracontas

Message 6 of 13

Viewed 1,302 times

I too had a problem with internal recording with my HP G60230US laptop. It had to do with that piece of junk known as the Conexant 221 sound card. I called Conexant, HP, and anyone else I could contact until I finally discovered it would not perform internal recording.

Creative Sound Blaster has a USB sound card called SB X-Fi Go. It plugs in to the USB port and comes with control panels and internal recording mixers. It bypasses the Conexant sound card and allows for internal recording. It costs between $20 refurbished or $40-50 new. It works and is well worth the price. The sound of recording is fully adequate for most applications."

Best I could do.

TRENDING THREADS