2 questions about AMD Phenom Agena 9600

G

First Is there any AMD software or drivers that make it easier to overclock and set Mulitpliers for a Phenom Quad Core rather than having to us Bios. Secondly, at this time is a Phenom II that much better that I should switch over from my AMD Phenom Agena 2.3Ghz Quad Core? and will I notice an extreme difference in the speed of the processor?

My Specs.
- ASRock Mobo with 2 PCI express x16 2.0 slots
- 700W power Supply
- AMD Phenom X4 Agena 9600 2.3Ghz
- CROSSFIRE Sapphire ATI HD4850 512MB and XFX ATI HD4850 512MB
- 8.00 GB of Corsair DDR2 800Mhz
- 1TB Western Digital 7200RPM harddrive

1) You can use AMD overdrive. Google it to learn more or just head on over to the AMD website. Of course the original Phenom isn't too good of an overclocker.

2) The Phenom II is much better. The question of if it's worth the cost or not just depends on you. I say yes if you are going to overclock it, but if not then not so much. Head on over to the CPU charts to get an idea of the performance difference at stock speeds. Of course keep in mind that you can overclock a Phenom II to get some more value over it.

shubham1401

Distinguished
You will notice some difference with Phenom II.
Especially when you overclock that PII.

But since you are already on a quad core I would first advice you to oc that Phenom.
If you can get something like 2.7-2.8Ghz then you can stay with the Phenom for some more time.

BTW what do you use your PC for?

I've got a Phenom 9600BE that runs nice and cool at 2.6GHz on an sb600 mobo. To get it any higher would take serious volts. You might be able to take it reasonably higher with an sb750 mobo. I'd say at 2.6GHz speed you should be okay depending upon your screen resolution.

Mine chugs along in a video encoding rig and has given me no problems.

G

Its used mostly for Gaming. and everything runs FANTASTIC! except Crysis... oh and i got a bit of chopiness from Farcry 2.