Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Best cpu cooling fan for lga 1155

Last response: in Overclocking
April 9, 2011 6:06:14 AM

Got ASUS P8P67 with i7 2600K unlocked processor, in a case with 1 intake fan on side and one in front, exhaust out rear and 2 on top. All fans are 72cfm at 14dbs. Power supply intake is on bottom. Got GeForce 6850 graphics card and OCZ RevoDrive X2 PCI-Express SSD 240 GB. I am looking for recommendation on super quiet CPU cooler. Any ideas?
April 9, 2011 6:47:12 AM

A good quiet cooler (or in your case super quiet) would be the Noctura NH-D14, it's a fairly good and quiet coolet.

I have a friend with the same cooler and Iv'e been in the room with it and it's fairly quiet (didn't notice the fan humming unless I stood with my ear up to the case).

Another quiet cooler would be a Corsair H60 but you'll need to do some research on your case before considering buying it (radiator is pretty chunky in small cases).
m
l
April 9, 2011 6:54:23 AM

Thank you! Looking at NH-D14 & Zalman CNPS9900LED Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler. I am just putting system together so I don't know what temp problems I will have yet, just anticipating. Thank you again.
m
l
Related resources
a c 183 K Overclocking
April 9, 2011 11:13:15 AM

Thermalright MUX-120 Quiet CPU Cooler for Socket 1156 - $44.95

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_p...

I have one of these and it's dead quiet 19db for real,i had to check if the fan was spinning for the first week occasionally.
Comes with Chillfactor II paste which is better then AS5.
It's 160mm tall and fits Corsair Dominators 52mm tall all dimms filled.
It may not be the "best cooler" out there but $80+ coolers for SB cpu's are a waste of money imo.
Awesome product.
m
l
April 16, 2011 4:07:05 PM

Found deal on Ebay for a Zalman CNPS10X Quiet 120mm Fan CPU Cooler if fan is not quiet enough I will replace it with one similar to the others in the case. waiting patiently for delivery. Thaqnk you all for your help!
m
l

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
April 16, 2011 8:51:47 PM

If it wasn't for my tall ram heatsinks i'd get the Noctua NH-D14. So keep this in mind, It's not always what's the best it's what fits in your case and will your heatsink hit the ram. Im using the Corsair Vengenace ram and they are tall so most heatsinks will have trouble installing 4 sticks on your motherboard, unless you are using the Prolimatech Armageddon or Thermalright Archron heatsink. But if you have normal size ram i'd go with the Noctua NH-D14 without a question. Imo the best and a very good price especially that it comes with 2 high quality fans.
April 24, 2011 2:16:09 AM

Best answer selected by qirki.
m
l
!