Faceless wonder

Last response: in Video Games
May 5, 2005 9:45:25 AM

Tonight, one of the teen sims in a household simply had no face at all, for
no reason that I could figure out. I had rebooted my computer before
starting the game so I know I had plenty of memory. I noticed it when I
clicked on something for him to do and his little face with the options
around it was just a blank spot with hair on top. Then I looked closer at
him and saw that he indeed no longer had a face.

I tried exiting the game without saving and going back to it after another
reboot, but he was still faceless. So I sent him to a mirror to "change
appearance" and gave him some stubble. Then his face reappeared, but it
wasn't the face he'd had before. This is slightly distressing since he was
created to resemble my daughter's RL boyfriend and she is also in my game.

At least he has a face now, but I wonder what caused this and how to get his
original face back?

Jeanie

More about : faceless

May 5, 2005 12:05:06 PM

> Tonight, one of the teen sims in a household simply had no face at all,
> for
> no reason that I could figure out. I had rebooted my computer before
> starting the game so I know I had plenty of memory. I noticed it when I
> clicked on something for him to do and his little face with the options
> around it was just a blank spot with hair on top. Then I looked closer at
> him and saw that he indeed no longer had a face.
>
> I tried exiting the game without saving and going back to it after another
> reboot, but he was still faceless. So I sent him to a mirror to "change
> appearance" and gave him some stubble. Then his face reappeared, but it
> wasn't the face he'd had before. This is slightly distressing since he
> was
> created to resemble my daughter's RL boyfriend and she is also in my game.
>
> At least he has a face now, but I wonder what caused this and how to get
> his
> original face back?
>
> Jeanie

I've had nearly the same problem but they have a face but no scalp. And it
was in "create a family" and not in the game. I deleted the person and when
I came on again after rebooting and restarting the game, a new face was
there. Well, I know I didn't help you but I'm wondering if there is an ID
conflict or corruption.
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 2:36:22 PM

Wow - I've not heard of either of those two before. You might be right Mary
in that it's caused by corruption. It's something to do with the mapping of
the textures onto the mesh but what? Don't know but I think you can change
appearance with SimPE, can't you? There's a sim surgery plug in for it.

Best wishes
Maxon

"Mary" <xxxxosugrad97330@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message

> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
> > Tonight, one of the teen sims in a household simply had no face at all,
> > for
> > no reason that I could figure out. I had rebooted my computer before
> > starting the game so I know I had plenty of memory. I noticed it when I
> > clicked on something for him to do and his little face with the options
> > around it was just a blank spot with hair on top. Then I looked closer
at
> > him and saw that he indeed no longer had a face.
> >
> > I tried exiting the game without saving and going back to it after
another
> > reboot, but he was still faceless. So I sent him to a mirror to "change
> > appearance" and gave him some stubble. Then his face reappeared, but it
> > wasn't the face he'd had before. This is slightly distressing since he
> > was
> > created to resemble my daughter's RL boyfriend and she is also in my
game.

> > At least he has a face now, but I wonder what caused this and how to get
> > his
> > original face back?
> >
> > Jeanie
> >
> I've had nearly the same problem but they have a face but no scalp. And
it
> was in "create a family" and not in the game. I deleted the person and
when
> I came on again after rebooting and restarting the game, a new face was
> there. Well, I know I didn't help you but I'm wondering if there is an ID
> conflict or corruption.

May 5, 2005 4:43:36 PM

Jeanie wrote:
> Tonight, one of the teen sims in a household simply had no face at
all, for
> no reason that I could figure out. I had rebooted my computer before
> starting the game so I know I had plenty of memory. I noticed it
when I
> clicked on something for him to do and his little face with the
options
> around it was just a blank spot with hair on top. Then I looked
closer at
> him and saw that he indeed no longer had a face.
>
> I tried exiting the game without saving and going back to it after
another
> reboot, but he was still faceless. So I sent him to a mirror to
"change
> appearance" and gave him some stubble. Then his face reappeared, but
it
> wasn't the face he'd had before. This is slightly distressing since
he was
> created to resemble my daughter's RL boyfriend and she is also in my
game.

> At least he has a face now, but I wonder what caused this and how to
get his
> original face back?

Did you use the sim surgery option in SimPE to export him into your
"Create-a-sim" premade sim bin?

May 5, 2005 10:53:27 PM

Maxon wrote:
> Wow - I've not heard of either of those two before. You might be
> right Mary in that it's caused by corruption. It's something to do
> with the mapping of the textures onto the mesh but what? Don't know
> but I think you can change appearance with SimPE, can't you? There's
> a sim surgery plug in for it.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon

I'll have to investigate that, I guess. PimPE scares the bejeezus out of me
and I don't ever try to do much with it, but for the sake of getting his old
face back, I just might try it this time.

Jeanie

> "Mary" <xxxxosugrad97330@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote in message
>>> Tonight, one of the teen sims in a household simply had no face at
>>> all, for
>>> no reason that I could figure out. I had rebooted my computer
>>> before starting the game so I know I had plenty of memory. I
>>> noticed it when I clicked on something for him to do and his little
>>> face with the options around it was just a blank spot with hair on
>>> top. Then I looked closer at him and saw that he indeed no longer
>>> had a face.
>>>
>>> I tried exiting the game without saving and going back to it after
>>> another reboot, but he was still faceless. So I sent him to a
>>> mirror to "change appearance" and gave him some stubble. Then his
>>> face reappeared, but it wasn't the face he'd had before. This is
>>> slightly distressing since he was
>>> created to resemble my daughter's RL boyfriend and she is also in
>>> my game.
>>>
>>> At least he has a face now, but I wonder what caused this and how
>>> to get his
>>> original face back?
>>>
>>> Jeanie
>>>
>> I've had nearly the same problem but they have a face but no scalp.
>> And it was in "create a family" and not in the game. I deleted the
>> person and when I came on again after rebooting and restarting the
>> game, a new face was there. Well, I know I didn't help you but I'm
>> wondering if there is an ID conflict or corruption.
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 2:19:52 AM

Charles Whitney wrote:
> Jeanie wrote:
>> Tonight, one of the teen sims in a household simply had no face at
>> all, for no reason that I could figure out. I had rebooted my
>> computer before starting the game so I know I had plenty of memory.
>> I noticed it when I clicked on something for him to do and his
>> little face with the options around it was just a blank spot with
>> hair on top. Then I looked closer at him and saw that he indeed no
>> longer had a face.
>>
>> I tried exiting the game without saving and going back to it after
>> another reboot, but he was still faceless. So I sent him to a
>> mirror to "change appearance" and gave him some stubble. Then his
>> face reappeared, but it wasn't the face he'd had before. This is
>> slightly distressing since he was created to resemble my daughter's
>> RL boyfriend and she is also in my game.
>>
>> At least he has a face now, but I wonder what caused this and how to
>> get his original face back?
>
> Did you use the sim surgery option in SimPE to export him into your
> "Create-a-sim" premade sim bin?

No, I don't use SimPE unless I absolutely have to. I just made him in Body
Shop, then created a family for him in CAS within the game. I'd played that
house several times, too, but last night was the first time he didn't have a
face.

To add further confusion, I sent him to college. Once he got there and grew
into a young adult, he had his old features back, though matured. Weird.

Jeanie
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 12:14:26 PM

On Thu, 05 May 2005 05:45:25 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:

>Tonight, one of the teen sims in a household simply had no face at all, for
>no reason that I could figure out. I had rebooted my computer before
>starting the game so I know I had plenty of memory. I noticed it when I

SCREENSHOT!!! SCREENSHOT!!! SCREENSHOT!!!
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 6:28:43 PM

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On Thu, 05 May 2005 05:45:25 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:
>
>> Tonight, one of the teen sims in a household simply had no face at
>> all, for no reason that I could figure out. I had rebooted my
>> computer before starting the game so I know I had plenty of memory.
>> I noticed it when I
>
> SCREENSHOT!!! SCREENSHOT!!! SCREENSHOT!!!

Dang it, I didn't take one before I fixed it!

Jeanie
Anonymous
May 7, 2005 12:02:44 AM

On Fri, 06 May 2005 14:28:43 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:

>> SCREENSHOT!!! SCREENSHOT!!! SCREENSHOT!!!
>
>Dang it, I didn't take one before I fixed it!

Aww... I wish it was genetic, too! lol
May 7, 2005 10:55:11 AM

> Wow - I've not heard of either of those two before. You might be right
> Mary
> in that it's caused by corruption. It's something to do with the mapping
> of
> the textures onto the mesh but what? Don't know but I think you can
> change
> appearance with SimPE, can't you? There's a sim surgery plug in for it.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon

Yes, I think it's corruption, also. I have to read up on SimPE to do the
"change appearance" option. I just learned how to scan non University ready
objects, and how to make my Sims family rich. I've also learned to change
the names (grateful since I named one of my Sims "Gore Gore)."

!