System wide disabling of overlay?

ulillillia

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
Is there a way to disable overlay system wide? Video players and TV tuner software tends to use it and it prevents me from using Livestream for broadcasting these and taking screenshots. If I attempt to record what I see in my TV tuner's software, all I get is a very dark magenta color all the way through - no picture or anything. This is because of overlay. Is there a way to either disable overlay in my TV tuner's software (the "AVerMedia Hybrid Volar MAX") or, better yet, system wide so that no programs can ever use it? I find overlay more annoying than useful.

ulillillia

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
I've contacted my TV tuner's maker and it's impossible to disable it. Thus, I either have to get another TV tuner, find a program that doesn't have audio-video synchronization problems (pretty much everything I've tried does), or find a way to extract the contents in overlay so I can use them. That is, if I can take a screenshot with PrtScr and I get an actual image instead of the color 16, 0, 16, then that will work just fine. Adobe Flash Media Live Encoder is the last resort, but I can't get it to pick up my TV tuner's audio stream. I get the video just fine, just no audio.