Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Maxtor one touch 4 Lite 1TB replacement power adapter

Last response: in Storage
January 26, 2011 9:13:30 PM

I have a Maxtor One Touch 4 Lite 1TB External Hard drive and need to get a replacement power adapter. I need the exact information. Thanks.

Best solution

a b G Storage
January 27, 2011 1:57:50 AM

on the original power supply look at the label. What is the out put voltage and amperage? Then look for a generic adapter that will have the same voltage, and the amperage should be equal or higher than the original.

Some of the generic adapters the polarization can be changed. You need to match with the original adapter.
January 27, 2011 2:30:41 AM

Thanks. I was doing what you said but my adapter is 12V and 2.0 A, and all I could find was 12V and 3.0A. I guess what you are saying is that would be OK. Right? The input is 100-240V - 1.0A Max (50 - 60 VA, 50 - 60 Hz) The output is 12V 2.0A and the output pwer is 24W max. Does everything else have to be exact? And what doesn't matter? The problem is the exact adapter is discontinued. I worry if I don't have the right one, I could ruin the hard drive. Some of the adapters I saw had the two piece plugs with three prongs. The one I have is just one piece, two prong. Thanks for your help.
m
l
Related resources
January 27, 2011 2:48:43 AM

If anyone can help me so I could stop going crazy, I'd appreciate it. I need to replace my son's hard drive and there are so many with so many different reviews, I've been researching for hours. I'd like to get a 1TB to 2TB, with a 3.0/2.0 USB, that's tough and reliable and isn't a ridiculous price. If anyone has any suggestions, especially first hand experience, it would be great. I had a Maxtor, it broke after a year, my son lost everything that was on it, and returned it and got another one. Now, after less than a year, it is working when it feels like it. I am afraid it will go before he has a chance to back it up, and he will lose everything again. After the first incident, we realized we needed a backup for the backup, which we did for the most part. But he's away at school and he doesn't have access to the one I have at home, and his school work, movies and games are on there. He didn't have a chance to back everything up before he left. If it goes before we back it up, he will lose everything again. It's costing me more money to back up the computer than the computer costs. I'd like to keep the cost about $100.00 or just little more. Thanks for any help.
m
l
February 7, 2011 1:06:33 AM

electrontau said:
on the original power supply look at the label. What is the out put voltage and amperage? Then look for a generic adapter that will have the same voltage, and the amperage should be equal or higher than the original.

Some of the generic adapters the polarization can be changed. You need to match with the original adapter.

Thanks. The external hard drive that I need this for is not made anymore and the power adapter is very hard to find or match. I am now going to try to find a new External Hard drive. I am going crazy with so many on the market.
m
l
February 14, 2011 12:05:00 AM

Best answer selected by shadoobie12.
m
l
!