Sign in with
Your question

New ASUS MoBo not detecting HD and BSOD :(

Last response: in Motherboards
November 16, 2009 3:42:18 PM

hello i am new to this site but everyone seems knowledgable here. okay here is my senario any advice would be appreciated.

first my setup Asus M4a78-e mobo, phenom 9600 BE, HIS h467qt512p HD4670, 1TB barracuda seagate HDD, sony DVD-rom, and 4 GB of Gskill 4 gb of patriot mem. Vista 64bit OS

here is the problem with a fresh start up when the system is powered up it read the Harddrive okay and i get get to the desktop although it runs slow. after a little while it well freeze up and BSOD on me. then when it restarts the harddrive is not detected. then when i power it off and back on, it detects it again until it BSODs again on me.

i just got this mobo a few days ago and its a fresh install i am using SATA ports but running and installed it in IDE mode i thought it could be it could be the sata driver so i ran it and still the same thing i changed out the sata cable and tryed different ports to see if it would change the outcome. still no luck.

the HD worked fine on my gigabyte board. also i know for a fact that none of my RAM is on the QVL for the new MoBo but could this cause it to not detect the HD.
i cant read the codes off the BSOD b/c it stays up for a second and then its gone.

anyone have any ideas?

thanks,
joe
a b V Motherboard
November 16, 2009 6:05:20 PM

Just for clarification "fresh startup", "fresh install" of what?
Using ide mode was a good idea.
Did you set the ram to correct voltage listed by the ram manufacturer?
Your Cpu has the bug, did you install the fix? Might be in Vista but don't remember
Once it does startup go to device manager and see if everything looks right.
Gotta start somewhere, good luck
m
l
November 16, 2009 7:33:55 PM

i meant fresh start up. voltages look good. nothing looks off under device manager, and i havent had any trouble with the processor with vista 64 on the gigabyte board. i tried putting in a jumper on the HD as well to go from 3gb/s to 1.5 and nothing changed :(  im stumped
m
l
April 25, 2014 7:38:41 AM

Hi there, i feel your pain, I hate BSOD, try removing the "faulty" hdd and then if you have another hdd with an os installed try booting up with that hdd, and if you have no personal stuff to lose and have a os disk try formatting the HDD, it can be drivers from your old pc conflicting with the new drivers
m
l
!