Sign in with
Your question

CPU & Components

Last response: in Motherboards
November 16, 2009 4:17:27 PM

Hello there everyone! OK I'm trying to find out how much and what kind of RAM I should install in my computer.
The RAM type that I have is DDR2 The max bandwith that CPU-Z told me that I have is PC2-5300(333)MHz.
The maker of the RAM it says is Samsung. I have a Inspiron 530 (non-slim) 1.8 core 2 duo, 1gig of ram, Vista basic (32)
Im going to be getting The Ati Raedon 4670. So can I get 2sticks(2gigs) (800mhz) and will they be compatible with the RAM that's already on here, or do I need to remove the stick that's in here and get 3 stick's. What are you guys thoughts?
The comp is bone stock as you can see, locked Bios I believe (prebuilt) Vista& 1gig How did that happen? So I'm stuck with this comp for awhile. Also, I am gonna stick with the PSU for now. Thanks for any and all help. :)  I see that I posted this in the wrong place..can a Mod please move it because It doesn't seem that anyone wants to help Thank you.

More about : cpu components

a c 159 à CPUs
a c 435 V Motherboard
November 16, 2009 5:09:25 PM

I would look for a 2x2gb kit of ddr2 used in one of the for sale forums or craigslist. You can use your old ram for testing.
November 16, 2009 5:13:46 PM

Okay thanks o1die...does it matter if I use 667mhz or 800mhz? Im probably buying this
today so i want to make sure. Thanks
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
November 16, 2009 5:35:10 PM

It won't matter; if your mobo limits you to 667, the ram will just downclock itself, so just go with whichever is cheaper.
!