Asus P6T Deluxe v2 + OCZ Platinum 6GB DDR3 1600MHz

sickizblank

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2009
Alright i got myself the Asus P6T Deluxe v2 along with OCZ Platinum 6GB DDR3 1600Mhz .
The problem here is , i've placed the RAM's in the Orange DIMM slots so they could run in triple channel.
As soon as i've done that , the comp doesn't boot , no display.

I tried using the first two ram slots , i.e Black and Orange one and placed one the remaining module in any other remaining memory slot.

By doing this , the windows booted up but showed me only 4GB of RAM.

I used the CPU-Z Utility and it shows up 6144MB of RAM.

I have no idea what's wrong..

Also i have updated the BIOS to the newer version.

RAM timings were manually set to 7-7-7-24.

I don't have any idea's with the voltages , so i didn't touch them at all. Anything you people would recommend?

Config-

Intel i7 920 D0 on Cooler Master v8
Asus P6T Deluxe v2
MSI N9800GT OC 512MB
OCZ Platinum 6GB DDR3 1600MHz
Cooler Master m700
Cooler Master Cosmos 1000
Asus VH242H
etc.

Please let me know asap.

Thanks! :)

noobie1

Distinguished
May 2, 2009
hmmmm.

I had the same M/b and ram and just returned the M/b since i couldn't get the two A slots to work.
Single ram in either slot wouldn't boot, 3 sticks in orange slots reported 4GB in windows, bios, & memtest but strangely enough CPU-z reported 6GB.

I'm anxiously waiting for the replacement m/b and hoping it'll work 100%.

Make sure each stick works in A1 (which you know is working).

If ram is good, then I think (and I'm new to this) it might be the M/b (or even possibly the memory controller on the CPU).
You can try to identify which slots are defective.

ifigment

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2009
I had the same issue where 6Gb of 1600Mhz Gold Version on my Asus p6t deluxe v2.

MemTest and CPUz could see all 6Gb but the BIOS and Windows 7 64 could not.

So, I manually set the 1600 frequency and 8-8-8-24 timings in the BIOS, systematically rotated the DIMMs in the various channels to assue it was not a bad channel and/or sitck and still no luck.

I then looked at the QVL in the manual and apparently, OCZ is not a qualified vendor of the 3x2Gb version @ 1600 MHz. So, I RMA'd to newegg for a trio of slightly more expensive, and seemingly similarly performant Corsair sticks and they worked out of the box as advertised - no manual settings needed.

Guess next time I'll read the QVL more carefully.

Cheers.

Midtown

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2009
I am having a similar issue with 6gb of OCZ on a ASUS P6T Deluxe v2. All 3 sticks are installed, but in BIOS and Windows 7, they only show two. Any solution? I know another person who has the same mobo and same RAM and theirs works perfectly fine!

Vinze_ch

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
Hi,

I've the same problem, but with 3x2 GB of corsair dominator 12800...

So I can only use the orange slots and your solution doesnt'work...

Please can you help me?

Thanks

Vinze_ch

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
I tried to with only one stick in the A1 DIMM, and my computer doesn't want to boot...
I think my mothercard has a problem with channel A

TRENDING THREADS