Shnur

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: During this week
BUDGET RANGE: About 600$ CAN

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, browsing Internet, video editing.

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Keyboard (Logitech G15), Mouse (Logitech G5), Hard drive (Western Digital 500GB, SATA), Monitor (Acer 19" Widescreen), DVD Drive (SATA LG drive)

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.com + have my own dealer so I may get better prices there.

PARTS PREFERENCES: At this budget I think I'm better with AMD/ATI, always liked ASUS boards and Antec Cases (everything starts with an "A" :ange: )

OVERCLOCKING: Definitly, let's pwn the hell out of everything ^^ SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Probably not.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1440x900, may move to a FullHD (1920x1080) screen at end of summer

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:

Moving from a current build:
Core 2 Duo E6300 OC to 2.8 (on stock fan :sweat: )
Asus P5K-E, P35 Chipset.
4GB (2GB Crosair XMS2 667MHz C4, 2GB Kingston Value RAM 800MHz [got from friend] C5)
Palit HD 3870 512MB
Antec Sonata III 500W Eartwatts

Since I just sold my computer to a friend of mine, I would like to get a new one (and not use my netbook with a 19" screen for too long). I'm planning to keep the computer for about 2 years max (then resell and buy new). I do play games, but right now my computer runs all of them on max with decent frame rates. I was aiming for a X3 or X4 Phenom II Black Editiong and DDR3 Memory to be able to upgrade at a later time, as for video, I could probably stick with an integrated in the worse case for a bit then buy a good card.

Thanks in advance =)