falendar

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
Hi, I just finished my computer and I powered it on to see that all the fans ect booted up, was just the power cable plugged in. I noticed both LED-D1 and D2 were lit up red. I am hoping this is not something bad but just to be sure I wanted to look here.

Ahem. Do you think maybe we might need more information? The fact that you don't know what to tell us says a great deal by itself actually. Maybe have a look at the stickies at the top of the forum... anything there look interesting to you?

Something you should read maybe? :)

falendar

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
I figured it was just a general question. My apologies.

Biostar TForce TA790GX A2+

AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE

is the MB and processor.

need any other info let me know.

falendar

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
I did yes, I also just hooked it up and went into bios everything looks fine temp was nice and low, recognized ram and cpu. red lights on just an indicator every things running properly? sorry first time building so I am really paranoid. Let me know.

falendar

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
thanks a ton, sorry bout all that so used to red being bad instead it says it's normal.

final question if i am permitted to ask it here. looking to put in a video card, I have been holding back on it because some friends said they had problems with some of the older games on ddr3 card. Can you confirm/deny this and either way point me toward a good card ( 550watt PS ) from the 100-130 dollar price range.

The type of RAM on your card has no bearing on what games will run on it :p Newer operating systems may have trouble running older games.

550W PSU is not enough info. A good one can run almost any card. A bad one is best used as a doorstop.

If you have a good PSU, then you can easily get this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150337
You would need to upgrade the PSU before you add a second one for crossfire however.

falendar

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
lol ok sorry about that, and yea I heard that also, so was double checking, but if you got a link to one that would be best that would rock. the PS is this one.

BFG Tech LS Series LS-550 550W

falendar

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
Thanks a lot Proximon, you have been a big help. Sorry for all the chaos first real rig I have built and been very wary and didn't want to screw it up.