Sign in with
Your question
Closed

No boot device available

Last response: in Windows XP
October 31, 2011 5:27:29 PM

I'm trying to reformat a friends dell desktop. I've reformatted many times on other desktop and laptops. I'm currently getting a 'no boot device available' on startup. I currently have my cd-rom disk drive set as my first boot sequence. I know that the disk drive is connected and working because if i login to windows and play the disk it'll run. any ideas?

thanks in advance

More about : boot device

November 1, 2011 12:28:47 AM

i said i'd like to REFORMAT. she has so much crap on windows that i'd like to start out clean. not sure if that makes any sense to you.(wouldn't be surprised)

any other ideas?
November 1, 2011 10:45:14 PM

If i'd want a clean hard drive what would you suggest? what would be the easiest way and fastest way to accomplish this? basically im just trying to get answers to solve my problem, not looking to start an argument. If you do not have anything to contribute to this issue please move on.

edit: just to add another reason beyond wanting a clean hard drive is the previous owner does not remember the admin password for windows so by formatting this seems like the BEST(if not only) way to fix this. maybe you have something else in mind that you'd like to share instead of making senseless remarks.

p.s. not sure if i'm being trolled.
Related resources
August 4, 2012 7:47:57 AM

well, go to bios and load default factory setting case solve.
August 4, 2012 8:46:36 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!