Athlon II X2 245 Regor vs. Pentium D 915

I'm fairly certain the Athlon II would beat the Pentium D by a long shot. The old Athlon Is did that, and the Athlon II is faster clock for clock and in clock speed overall. The Athlon II is a great budget PC/Gamer. I just built two with Athlon II 250s and they're great.

angry_ducky

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
The Athlon II would eat the Pentium D for breakfast. I think that at stock clocks, the Athlon II is faster than the Core 2 Duo E5200, which is itself a lot faster than the Pentium D.

That's a fantastic deal on the Athlon II 245 and motherboard; I may just have to pick it up for myself.

radnor

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2008

Dunno, but hes little brother is lucky. Mine got my old parts. Well.....thinking about it....when this PC gets old, my little brother will get a 4850 CF + 955 BE.

Oh gawd, little brothers are so lucky !!!!

umm I say the 2009 vette... did I win anything?

The Pent D is not a bad chip... just outdated...

The regor is an OK chip... the callisto pwns the regor.... :kaola:

you win a lifetime supply of air :eek: (fans optional) for all and any overclocking needs you will ever have :bounce: congrats

not bad at all.....

im waiting a new mobo SB750 to see if I can get at least 4.2Ghz....

Hey lyrax7788, that combo is way too cheap for what you get so I suggest you buy that ASAP....

Freezer 64 :

SANY0016.jpg

temps @ 4.0Ghz :

4Ghz.jpg

lyrax7788

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009

Thank you all for your input.
I dont really know much about AMD processors. I saw that this 245 Regor was pretty much the same price everywhere i checked compared to the Pentium D and Pentium Dual-Core prices, so thats why i couldnt really figure out if these 2 CPUs were in par or not. Im surprised that this AMD cpu is more or less the same price as a Pentium D and a Pentium Dual-Core, even though u all say its WAAYYYYY better and newer.

Intel will always be more expensive than AMD.... That's just the way it is, but you have to remember the pentium D is almost 4 years old vs. the Regor that just came out recently.... If you compare a Regor to a newer Intel dual core like the Core2Duo E8500 then that is another ballgame and this time AMD loses by a longshot.....

Get the Regor and that Zotac and fan fun with it...... but hurry cause that combo will not last forever......