Athlon II X2 245 Regor vs. Pentium D 915

22 answers Last reply
More about athlon regor pentium
  1. I'm fairly certain the Athlon II would beat the Pentium D by a long shot. The old Athlon Is did that, and the Athlon II is faster clock for clock and in clock speed overall. The Athlon II is a great budget PC/Gamer. I just built two with Athlon II 250s and they're great.
  2. The Athlon II would eat the Pentium D for breakfast. I think that at stock clocks, the Athlon II is faster than the Core 2 Duo E5200, which is itself a lot faster than the Pentium D.

That's a fantastic deal on the Athlon II 245 and motherboard; I may just have to pick it up for myself.
  3. AthlonII (divide by 2) > Pentium D(Overclocked to its highest)

Pentium D has no chance against the athlonII.
  4. whats faster a (regor) 2009 corvette or a (pentium d) 2006 corvette
  5. Typing from a Pentium D, go for the Athlon II.

* Lucky my main rig is a C2D.
  6. when i read the title of your post i thought it was a joke LOL

DEFINATELY the athlon II. pentium D would get murdered by a longshot
  7. +1 for the AMD option.

@OP: What is thy total budget?
  8. Shadow703793 said:
    +1 for the AMD option.

@OP: What is thy total budget?

Dunno, but hes little brother is lucky. Mine got my old parts. Well.....thinking about it....when this PC gets old, my little brother will get a 4850 CF + 955 BE.

Oh gawd, little brothers are so lucky !!!!
  9. obsidian86 said:
    whats faster a (regor) 2009 corvette or a (pentium d) 2006 corvette

umm I say the 2009 vette... did I win anything?

The Pent D is not a bad chip... just outdated...

The regor is an OK chip... the callisto pwns the regor.... :kaola:
  10. OvrClkr said:
    umm I say the 2009 vette... did I win anything?

The Pent D is not a bad chip... just outdated...

The regor is an OK chip... the callisto pwns the regor.... :kaola:

you win a lifetime supply of air :o (fans optional) for all and any overclocking needs you will ever have :bounce: congrats
  11. wooohoooooooooo

that deserves a whole 18 wheeler full of ripe BANANAS just for YOU!!!!!! [:thegreatgrapeape]
  12. yay now i got chrismas dinner figured out
  13. hey obsidian.... how is your 720 holding up so far?

what is the highest stable overclock you can get on all 4 cores?
  14. prime95 stable 3.35, everyday stable 3.699 at 1.52v but i need a better cooler to go higher but run it at 3.4 mostly
  15. not bad at all.....

im waiting a new mobo SB750 to see if I can get at least 4.2Ghz....

Hey lyrax7788, that combo is way too cheap for what you get so I suggest you buy that ASAP....
  16. what cooler are you using? liquid?
  17. obsidian86 said:
    what cooler are you using? liquid?

Freezer 64 :

temps @ 4.0Ghz :

18. thats impressive but we dont get the feezers round here and me stuck with a c.m. n520 but soon to be thermalright ultra
  19. The Athlon 245 will smack that Petium D 915 around and make it cry for its mama. Go with the Athlon 245
  20. lyrax7788 said:

Thank you all for your input.
    I dont really know much about AMD processors. I saw that this 245 Regor was pretty much the same price everywhere i checked compared to the Pentium D and Pentium Dual-Core prices, so thats why i couldnt really figure out if these 2 CPUs were in par or not. Im surprised that this AMD cpu is more or less the same price as a Pentium D and a Pentium Dual-Core, even though u all say its WAAYYYYY better and newer.
  21. Intel will always be more expensive than AMD.... That's just the way it is, but you have to remember the pentium D is almost 4 years old vs. the Regor that just came out recently.... If you compare a Regor to a newer Intel dual core like the Core2Duo E8500 then that is another ballgame and this time AMD loses by a longshot.....

Get the Regor and that Zotac and fan fun with it...... but hurry cause that combo will not last forever......
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Pentium Brother Product