Sign in with
Your question

AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition Callisto

Last response: in CPUs
August 31, 2009 2:08:41 AM

hi all---been gone awhile-------wife kicked me out :(  Damn computer---LOL----long story----But anyway, my nephew needs a CAD, Microstation machine and wants to make sure he cab play Diablo 3 smoothly . I was thinking the AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition Callisto with either a gigabyte MA790-UD4H or the UD5P ? Trying to stay under 600 bucks :)  :) 
Glad to be back-----my system at 3.65Mhz at 1.45 volts at 48c load---
a b à CPUs
August 31, 2009 2:24:35 AM

I just built a CAD/Gaming computer for under $600 (so, same goals) and I went with the Gigabyte 770 (might as well unless you need Crossfire) and the Athlon II X2 250. Since it is a real dual core (not disabled quad) and doesn't have an L3, it uses less power (so less heat, which was important to me. Might not be to him though), is cheaper, and is only 5% or so slower.
m
l
August 31, 2009 2:33:20 AM

Thank you very much-----definitely a good start-----gitta convince him i have an idea as to what to do----
m
l
a b à CPUs
August 31, 2009 2:40:59 AM

No problem. What other components are you looking at? (I'm just kind of interested since we are going for the same results, it would be interesting to see what choices you've made. And if you're looking at any parts I have, I can tell you how I think they've done.)
m
l
!