Biostar MB Tseries TX790G 128 V. 5.3
AMD Phenom 9850
OCZ 8 GB 800Mhz Ram
two Western Digital 1 TB SATA drives
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT Graphics card
Ultra LPS550W PS
Coolmaster Case
MSI DVD Drive DVD/CD RW

I put them all together and have had nothing but problems. I wore my static bracelet and did the install on the cemement with my wrist strap grounded and thought I did everthing correctly.

Now I can install windows vista 64 bit but have had it crashing periodically. So then I decided to format and install windows 7 and when it is extracting the files it bombs out at about 15% everytime. Then I went back to Vista 64 bit and it is still unstable. I have ensured that all my drivers are the latest for vista 64bit and I only have VMWare installed and it still crashes periodically. The vmware version that I am running is 6.5.2 and that installs fine, but if I try to install the latest version V.7 it fails to install at various points saying the file is corrupt similiar to the Windows 7 install. I have re-downloaded windows 7 and also VMware 7 and tried to re-install but it always says file corrupt...so I am starting to think there is something wrong with my hardware. I pulled everything apart again and re-seated all components and reconnected all connections, reformatted and tried to install windows 7 again, but same problem. So I went back to vista 64bit again and now back to square one. Any insight would be greatly appreciated as I am completely frustrated. I have ran a memory test and all looks good, but not sure how to check everything else.

Thanks,
Chad

roonj

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2009
Thats 4 pieces of matched 2 gigabyte ram installed at ram manufacturers voltage requirements right? Sometimes takes a minimal boost over specs when installing 4 pieces.
Example motherboard default voltage is 1.8, ram manufacturer says 1.9 for 800mhz speed (thats for 1 or 2 pieces). Using 4 pieces may need 2.0v