zatoino

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
So I was playing TF2 when the sound started stuttering before the comp turned off.
Now it wont turn back on again, when I press the case button the fan LEDs turn on for 0.2 seconds before
turning back off again. The power LED on the motherboard is on so power is going to it. I do not have any extra CPUs to test. Im not sure if its the graphics card or not. And I would think that I could still get to BIOS if it was the hardrive.

So any help/tips would be nice as this was my first build.

UPDATE
If I remove the 6 and 8 pin connectors to the graphics card then turn it on the fans and leds stay on. But I have no way of knowing if its getting to bios or not.

Asus P5Q Pro
Q6600
4850 x2
OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI 700W
OCZ Reaper HPC Edition 4GB
Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD7500AAKS 750GB

Need full specs - especially including power supply.

Not necessarily. A PSU has two independent sections in it: the main power supply that provides all of the power needed for the computer to run and a small (10 - 15 watt) independent, always on, 5 volt power supply. Among other things, that's what powers the motherboard LED. By itself, it does not[/]mean that you have operating power going to the motherboard.

Take a look at this for some troubleshooting suggestions:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-read-posting-boot-problems

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I've had a (maybe) related thing several times, sometimes after an apparently normal shutdown, sometimes after a freeze. I push the front panel button and apparently nothing happens - system is just dead! Push several times, or push in and hold - still nothing. BUT if I disconnect the power cord OR simply turn off the master power switch on the back of the PSU and LEAVE IT OFF for about 30 seconds to a minute before restoring power, then the front panel pushbutton turns it on again with no trouble - back to perfectly normal operation. I surmise somehow the BIOS portion that monitors the on / off button gets put into a confused state and can't do its job. A complete cold power-down and back on, with a wait to allow for capacitors in the PSU to discharge, seems to reset the relevant part of the BIOS.

Give this a try, see if it works for you.